Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG where did her get his MD? PIOG

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

He must have gotten it from a cracker jack box because EVERYTHING that I have researched  thus far about shortened cervix says that with measurements of 16-20 mm and you should be on STRICT bed rest and monitored every week with u/s!! This fool has me going every 2 weeks for monitoring and is letting me walk around like nothing is wrong with me!!! WTF?!?! So everything that I have been doing could potentially have had a NEGATIVE effect on what little cervix I have remaining and could put me in the hospital on bed rest!!!! 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
onetiara
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM

if your research says to be on bedrest and you feel that its best, maybe you should just put yourself on bedrest? you know, to be safe. also have you brought this up to him? that you've read about it and what it says? maybe try a second opinion too. good luck!

bxbsmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I have a short cervix as well, but I have no idea what length it is.  how far along are you? Are you planning to get a cerclage? I don't think that strict bedrest would actually come into play until the baby gains some weight and puts pressure on the cervix.  That's why they generally do cerclages between 13-16 weeks.

mrsb6802
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM

GL mama. I would think a second opinion is in order!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)