Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First doctors appointment?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

Well I have been wanting to find a new Ob/Gyn that was a lot closer to me and was recommended one by my husbands doctor. I'm a newlywed and my DH put me on his insurance but won't be in effect until a couple of weeks. I wanted to call now to set up an appointment just in case they don't have anything available for weeks. I'm not sure if I should schedule a pap since I am due for one and just bring up the TTC issues then or just make an appointment specifically for issues TTC? What would you ladies suggest?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TexasKaty
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM

If you're due for a PAP anyway, schedule the PAP. While you're there, discuss TTC issues. They wouldn't make you schedule a second appointment for a few questions or a referral. If you did it the other way around, you might end up with two appointments since they wouldn't be prepared for a PAP.

ValerieRNmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I wld make it an all in one appointment. A *good* practitioner will come in and talk to u w/ ur clothes on before every appointment about issues, concerns or questions before u gown up and get down to business. That's a good time to express ur desire to start TTCing. If ur doctor doesn't do this then just bring it up when he/she goes through introductions. U may also want to mention it when u r making ur appointment and again when they do the preliminary questions (height, weight date of LMP blah blah blah). Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)