Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and BFing on Demand

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I just decided to TTC baby #3 with hubby. I have an almost 11 month old baby and she is still BF ing all the time. I still have not had my cycle return. I was just wondering if there are any of you ladies that have any suggestions on how to get my cycle to return but still being able to BF?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Commie_Mommie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

A friend of mine breastfed for two and a half years and didn't ovulate or menustrate once. Her period returned a week or so after she weaned her son. While another dear friend got pregnant two months after number four was born. She was EBF too.There is really no way to predict these things, but I wish you the very best of luck!

PrincessAbby107
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for the input. I have been trying to introduce more solids and she loves eating just about everything that I eat. I am going to buy a few different kinds of sippy cups and see if she takes to any of them. She eats very good but I think that she is a comfort feeder.

LoveLaurenRenee
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Hey friend :)  I just started taking Vitex.  It's supposed to decrease prolactin, which will promote the return of fertility.  I had my period back by this point while BFing Lolli, but apparently Poppy is more of a boob fiend.

Also, try to get one or two 6-hour blocks of non-nursing in every 24 hour period.  Distract, distract, distract!  Poppy just recently went from every 2 hours around to clock to now every 3-4 hours, so we're headed in the right direction.

Good luck!

Lauren ~ Mom to Lolli 09.23.07 and Poppy 07.21.09

PrincessAbby107
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Hello Friend!! I am definately going to have to take a look at that. I am right there with you too. My cylce had already returned but I think that Annie is a boobaholic. I am going to see if Annie will take a sippy cup soon and maybe that will help me get a little break in between her grazes. She has been playing with Abby a little more now so I am hoping that Abby can help me distract her from the boob. Annie just started crawling really good too so maybe things will only look up from here. Are you hoping for a boy this time around? We were hoping for a boy both times but 2 girls later we are going to try again. LOL

mom2wy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I can't help you hun. I am bf'ing and she is 14mths but I have had mine back since she was about 2mths. Have you taken a test to make sure you arent already pregnant?

PrincessAbby107
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I took one about 3 weeks ago but it was just a cheap one from Big Lots and it came back negative. I so thought that I was too because I have been having a bunch of symptoms but it was not even a faint positive it was definately negative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)