Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High testosterone??

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

have you ladies every been told you have high testosterone? if so what did they doctor do to lower the levels? any advice would be great!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsDGasser
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM

BUMP!! any advice anyone??

ltlnutmeg
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Sorry I have no ideas.  I hope to be getting my hormone tests back soon. I don't know what to expect and haven't done any research yet.  Hang in there!  ((hugs))

BUMP!

MrsDGasser
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Quoting ltlnutmeg:

Sorry I have no ideas.  I hope to be getting my hormone tests back soon. I don't know what to expect and haven't done any research yet.  Hang in there!  ((hugs))

BUMP!

I am so afraid that they wont be able to fix it & I wont be able to get regular periods & get pregnant!!

kara_collins
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:51 PM

it is treatable but i cant remember what they do treat it. i know we studied it in nursing school but that was a while back.. ill research it and let you know what they do.

kara_collins
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM

decrease the amount of refined sugar in your diet has been shown to lower female testoserone levels by around 20%. It can be indicative of PCOS or ovarian cancer, but not exclusive to it. Estrogen replacement has also shown to help.

chelleybeans
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Yup, ME! It was part of the diagnosis of my PCOS. I was put on metformin to regulate all my hormones. I always joke w/ my husband and tell him I have more testosterone than he does! LOL!

MrsDGasser
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Quoting chelleybeans:

Yup, ME! It was part of the diagnosis of my PCOS. I was put on metformin to regulate all my hormones. I always joke w/ my husband and tell him I have more testosterone than he does! LOL!

lol I am just so scared, that I wont get pregnant...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)