Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LEAKING BREAST MILK?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM
  • 11 Replies

OK SO I THINK I OVULATED YESTERDAY, OR TODAY CUZ IM NOT SURE BUT I BD AROUND 3AM ON 5.24 BUT ANYWAYS I KNO I AM CURRENTLY NOT PREG, OR AT LEAST WASNT, BECAUSE IVE HAD A STEADY CONSTANT AF EVERYMONTH AND TESTS TO PROVE I AM NOT. SO WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT IF I AM PREG ITS NOT EVEN IMPLANTED YET.

OK SO I WAS JUST GETTING UNDRESSED AND MY RIGHT BREAST WAS SORE SO I RUBBED IT LOL AND SOMETHING TOLD ME TO SQUEEZE MY NIPPLE, WELL I DID N THEN A WHOLE BUNCH OF WHITE BREAST MILK CAME OUT LIKE WTF?!! WOW ITS SOO WIERD I BREASTFED FOR 6MONTHS WITH MY SON, WHO IS MY ONLY CHILD AND IF U LOOK ON MY TICKER U CAN SEE HE'S ALMOST 4~!~ AND ALL MY MILK DRIED UP AROUND THE TIME HE WAS 18 MONTHS SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I AM LEAKING BREASTMILK... ANYIDEAS'?!

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeldescending
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

My best friend stopped bf'ing her dd when she was about 6 months old but continued to leak breastmilk until after giving birth to her son 8 months ago. Her dd is now 3. I asked her if she knew why this happened and her doc said it "just happens" to some women. Not a good explaination but I just thought I share it, not like it helps that much! :)  Good luck!

justme00
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM

WOW and HMM. I have never had this happen and I breastfed 4 of my boys. I would say call your dr.

Shawnie8187
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

No clue but here is a bump for you!

keeckhardt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM

According to my doctor, its not unusual for women to continue having some breast milk up to 3 years after stopping nursing. I had a similar experience when I was acutally preggo but it was a chemical. GL!!

AutumnStarre
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Quoting keeckhardt:

According to my doctor, its not unusual for women to continue having some breast milk up to 3 years after stopping nursing. I had a similar experience when I was acutally preggo but it was a chemical. GL!!

its crazzy cuz my son is almost 4 but i havent had any milk come out for over 2 years nothing and i triedto squeeze some oout a cpl times just to c what would happen but nothing ever came out but last night was a whole bunch and the samething today like woooaahhh... and its only my right breast, but then again thats the one that produced the most when i was bf.. so idk but still its wierd, maybe its my body's way of agreeing with methat i should be preggo lolz

CafeMom Tickers

Brittanie0327
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Wow lol! That's so strange!! I guess just wait and see. lol

LoveLaurenRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM

It could be that your prolactin levels are still elevated.  (which, btw, high levels of prolactin can be associated with difficulty conceiving).  I also think your thyroid can have something to do with it.  OR, it would just be totally normal hormonal stuff.  If it continues or starts to concern, just talk it over with your care giver.

AutumnStarre
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

BUMP!

wifemother220
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I hate telling people this because its embrassing. When i got pregnant with my first, i started leaking clostrum at only 4 or 5 months prego and it would be so bad that i was wearing nursing pads and changing every hour. But i have infertal nipples so it was extremely hard for me So i stopped nursing dd when she was 3 weeks cause it was too much for the both of us. I soon got prego with ds same thing happened constantly nursing pads and changing, but i couldn't really breast feed i tried in the hospital with him but just in the hospital with him was too stress for so i stopped. Anyways my kids will be 4 and 3 this year and i am still leaking. Not alot but everyday my bra is a little wet and sometimes if i am sore in the breast i touch them and i will leak i don't know if its normal or not but i dont see that i am having any serious problems so i never talked to my dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)