Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY IS IT SO FREAKIN HARD????

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

Why is it so hard to just concieve????? I mean, I never thought it my wildest dreams, I would be wondering how to get pregnant and everything that comes along with it.  I always thought that the first time I had sex I would get pregnant, lol.  And here I am, on fertility pills, trying to concieve a little baby.  Ive done all the test, and they say my husband and I are normal and there isnt any problems, so whats the deal???  I dont understand how these girls, who dont want a baby or arnt ready to have one, get them and I am sooo ready and have my nursery and everything and Im not getting pregnant.  My husband and I did get pregnant from trying after 3 months....had sex one time that month, and we got pregnant with twins.  We miscarried them at seperate times, and that was 2 years ago.  I just get so aggravated and hate having sex to be a chore.  Ive thought about giving up, but then that could be months wasted.  My dr said the next thing is IUI, and i really dont want it.  I just want to concieve a precious baby naturally :)    Thanks everyone for listening to me vent....i just want to pull my hair out sometimes!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thando
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:28 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your pain momma, hold on and keep up your hope, i know its hard to keep up the hope and let it not frustrate you when you are in this journey, but the frustration could also be a problem, I know cause i am in teh same boat, I am now taking fertility pills but i am scared that time is not on my side, i am 37 years old this year, I have not had much hope of getting pregnant, but i just decided this month that i am approaching this with a positive outlook, easy said than done i know - i think its good to vent sometimes, i do that as well, although mine usually means sitting in a corner and crying myself until i feel better, dont loose heart momma, good luck to you

jenniferw10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:47 AM

I understand your frustration. My DH and I have been TTC#1 for a year and we are so tired with no results. My OB wants my DH to get a sperm analysis to determine if he is alright and then I will have to get a few tests done if that comes back ok. I just want a little baby so badly. I am going to be 31 this month and I never really thought it would be this difficult. Good Luck!

..LiSA..
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Aw!! I totally understand!! I've been TTC since Feb 2008...my Dr discovered I have a vitamin D deficiency. Maybe talk to your Dr about testing your blood for your vit D levels. I'm taking 2000 IU of vit D a day. Thats the fix! And its only like $4.99!! *~*~*~*~*Good luck and baby dust!!! *~*~*~*~*

STACIEH
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I'm with ya.  I have 2 step-nieces who are both pregnant.  With one of them this will be her 3rd child all with different fathers and the guy she is with now refuses to marry her.  The other one has one child already (totally not planned bc she was still in high school and that baby is was only 6 months when she conceived) and the month her dh came home from deployment she got pregnant bc they didn't use a condom a couple of times.  I also have a friend who was told that she couldn't have anymore children bc of a medical issue. So she went off birth control and ended up pregnant the next month.  She never had the medical problem they diagnosed her with!  

It also makes it more frustrating with me bc I have 2 children (all by dh). The 1st time we conceived in 15 months. We weren't trying, but weren't preventing it. With our 2nd I got preggo the 1st month we tried. Now we have been ttc since Sep 09.

violetgirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I think many of us are on the same boat and can understand your frustration.  We conceived our son easily and had an uneventful pregnancy.  My 2nd pregnancy was also conceived quickly; however, that ended in a miscarriage.  That was 9, almost 10 months ago, and I haven't been able to get pregnant since.  We've been trying for 16 cycles total.  I hope that you're able to conceive your baby.  I'm so sorry for your loss...  Try to stay positive.

racheypoo03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thank you all ladies for your words of encouragment.  Its better to know that Im not the only one, even though I always knew there was so many women out there in our shoes.  Its just so difficult to think how easy it is for some people and yet its so hard for others.  My husband told me today, that we are going to have a March baby.....Since I started AF yesterday, I already calculated it, and I would be due on March 1, 2010.....lol...does anyone else do that????  that would be 2 days before our 4 year anniversary!!!! Which we concieved our twins on March 2nd, 2008.  Maybe its supposed to be destined.  My husband told me we would have the baby on the 2nd, when he didnt realize thats when we concieved our babies 2 years ago.  That would be sweet if that really came true.  I think my husband just tells me these things to make me feel better, but who knows, maybe its his instincts, :)     Thank you again ladies and I wish and send all of you baby dust!!!!!!!!wink

Mare1180
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM

i know 8 people that are preggo right now and 3 that are due in november. not sure why its so easy for some people and so hard with others but its really annoying to be the odd one out. and i swear preggos follow me..i see them everywhere! good luck to everyone and baby dust to all.

mom2wy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Ya it is pretty crappy that all these ppl out there that mistreat their kids or really don't want them and all the babies that are aborted. Why can't that be the women who want them and love them already getting pregnant? I am there with you on not understanding.

I use to think it would never happen for hubby and I. We had two pregnancies and two miscarriages then finally after 6yrs of marriage brought our first born son home (and there was a small scare that we had lost him to). But he is now an excited wild and loving 7yr old. LOL And then when he was almost 3 we got our second baby boy and then a yr later got our niece. And God gave us our baby girl when our second boy was 3 1/2.

And there was 2miscarriages in that time frame also. God is good and will give you a precious baby just remember to lean on him and in His awesome timing it will happen fo ryou! I know that doesnt make it better but I am sure it will happen. GL and HUGS!!!

goodson_2008
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I know how you feel its hard, I lost my twins a few days ago and all my freinds are pregnant 1 whos husband DID NOT WANT another baby and one who has 5 kids with different men. And here I am cant even carry a baby past 12 weeks... I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY YOU GET PREGNANT SOON. Have you tired Clomid? It worked for me maybe you should try it and DONT MAKE SEX A CHORE have fun with it.

racheypoo03
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Im on clomid now...im fixing to start round 4 tomorrow.  My dr upped my dosage, so maybe that will help!!!! 

Quoting goodson_2008:

I know how you feel its hard, I lost my twins a few days ago and all my freinds are pregnant 1 whos husband DID NOT WANT another baby and one who has 5 kids with different men. And here I am cant even carry a baby past 12 weeks... I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY YOU GET PREGNANT SOON. Have you tired Clomid? It worked for me maybe you should try it and DONT MAKE SEX A CHORE have fun with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)