Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has your doc ever refused bloodtest?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM
  • 9 Replies

My doctor refused to give me a blood test because she says I wan't late, she gave me a pee test and said OH its gonna be negitive anyway! I didn't know, I just never heard of one absoultely refusing to give one!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
olivejuicebby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

The only time I got a blood test was when I was like over 2 weeks late, this was back in November. I don't know if my doctor would have given me one before then though.

Sounds like you have one negative doctor on your hands. I mean, not doing the blood test is one thing, but saying Oh it's gonna be negative anyway.. Geez... I'm sorry you had to go through with that, I wish docs could be a little bit more sensitive.

Good luck!

mom2wy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Yes I have heard of some doctors refusing to give them. They feel that if there is a neg pee test or no reason to believe pregnancy is there then some will. I am so sorry that you are going through this though. Maybe you could go to a different doctor. Sorry

chelleybeans
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Yeah, my doctors won't give me one unless I get a BFP. There is no real point to unless you are doing something such as IUI or IVF or some other fertility drugs (that contain HCG) or you are really late.

candcsmom2008
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Most I know will not give you a blood test before you have missed AF UNLESS you have gotten a BFP.. But the negative crap is exactly that... I would find a new dr.. GL MOMMA

trewlove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I have always gotten a blood test whenever I suspected I was pregnant. BUT I also have an R.E. for infertility so I think they are more into blood tests for us. More recently my doctor put a standing order in so I can go in for a blood test without having to even ask, I just go to the lab. It is really nice!!!

Sorry you had that experience :-(

Are you late? Did you get a BFP at home yet?

Group Mod

jlee38340
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting trewlove:

I have always gotten a blood test whenever I suspected I was pregnant. BUT I also have an R.E. for infertility so I think they are more into blood tests for us. More recently my doctor put a standing order in so I can go in for a blood test without having to even ask, I just go to the lab. It is really nice!!!

Sorry you had that experience :-(

Are you late? Did you get a BFP at home y

I got a faint BFP on a  blue dye test yesterday. I know the un predictibility of the blue dye so I figured I'd just get a blood test while I had my son at the doctor's office anyway, well She was just plain rude, but I guess we will find out here in the next few days :(

Hrivera5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I have never been refused a blood test!  You need a different doc...I mean, its a service you pay for, how could they refuse?

mendedrose
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM
That is bs even after you got a faint BFP. I never needed them really til I had my mc in Jan. I called my dr that I got a BFP on Mon they scheduled an appt for June and said I wasn't going to be seen sooner because they like to treat all pregnancies different and new. Well the nurse called me yesterday and offered me a blood test yesterday and tomorrow and an u/s as soon as we see the levels hit 1800. Sounds to me like you need a new dr office. I am sorry they treated you that way. That is messed up. Good luck Hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlee38340
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Thank you for all your kind words. I don't like her but she was all I could get. I will be transferring offices and asking for a bloodtest before starting depressant meds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)