• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much more proof do you need?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay I seriously don't know how much more proof my ob needs.

I have been going to a new ob for about a month or two cause my last ob was not comfortable with giving out fertility drugs. So I went to another ob in the same practice. Well anyways he presribed me 100 mg of clomid since I don't ovulate on my own. Af hasn't showed up for a year so far. (Without the help of medicine that is.) Anyway wanted me to take a progestern test on like day 22 but I didn't cause I took ovulation prodicter kits and I never got a postive so I figured there was no since in taking the test. So anyways I waited till a week after af was supposed to arrive and took a pg test just incase the opk were wrong and nope they weren't cause I got a negitive hpt result. So I called my ob again today and talked to his nurse and said the medicine didn't work AGAIN. (I have been on the clomid treatment for 3 months.) She said did you take the progestern test. And I said no because I took opk and never got a positive and I took three hpt and never got a positive and on top of that af never showed up. I figured that would be enough proof to show I never ovulated and the nurse said well we still would like to to take that test just be sure you are or are not ovulating. Now ladies help me out here. If you don't get your af doesn't that pretty much mean you didn't ovulate. I thought that was enough proof! Well anyways I am waiting for the nurse to call back with what my ob wants to do next. I think he is going to bump me up to 150 mg and see if that works but I don't know what to do. I am so afraid it won't work. My dh and I want another child so much and we really don't have alot of time to waist cause he is 41 but I am 25. I just afraid if we won't get pg soon we won't be able to after awhile.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tryin2Concieve
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Aww I'm Sorry You Have A Nurse Like That...Have You Thought About Switching Dr's (again)? I Hope You Get Your BFP Soon. Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelleybeans
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Are they putting you on anything to start your period? And if AF is late or doesn't show, it doesn't mean you didn't ovulate. OPK's aren't 100% correct.

TBSNBubblegum
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM

You can still ovulate even though you lack a peirod. I hadn't had a peirod since October of 06. Got pregnant in January of 07. It wouldn't hurt to take the test so they know what your levels are at...

Countrygerl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Tryin2Concieve:

Aww I'm Sorry You Have A Nurse Like That...Have You Thought About Switching Dr's (again)? I Hope You Get Your BFP Soon. Good Luck.

I have thought about it but I am going to one of the best obs in the state. Thanks!

Countrygerl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting chelleybeans:

Are they putting you on anything to start your period? And if AF is late or doesn't show, it doesn't mean you didn't ovulate. OPK's aren't 100% correct.

They put me on provera to start my period. Which I hate cause I will have it for 10 days. I know opks are 100% correct that is why I took three seperate hpts.

chelleybeans
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM

If you ovulate, it doesn't mean 100% you will get pregnant. So taking HPT's really shows nothing. Hav ethey checked into anything like PCOS?

Quoting Countrygerl:

Quoting chelleybeans:

They put me on provera to start my period. Which I hate cause I will have it for 10 days. I know opks are 100% correct that is why I took three seperate hpts.

violetgirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I can understand your frustration.  But maybe you should take the progesterone test anyway.  I know you don't think you ovulated, but maybe the test will reveal other clues.  Sometimes doctors just want tests to be taken so they have it formally documented on your file for future reference.  Good luck!

Countrygerl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Well the obs nurse called back and he prescribed me provera again and he bumped up my dosage to 150 mg of clomid. But this time he didn't tell me to take the test so maybe he believes that I had enough proof. IDK anyways here we go again another month of hopeing and praying.

LilyBeansMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Have you tried charting?  That might give you a lot more to show your doctor.  (There are a lot of sites you could use, but check out fertility friend for some lessons on getting started if you're interested.)

candicefield
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I would try charting this month along with the opks! Good luck. I hope the higher dose works

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)