Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you or do you have any abdominal discomfort?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Ladies!  I am 7w4d along with my second baby.  Pretty much from the very begining I have had some sort of lower abdominal discomfort on my left side.  I say discomfort because it doesn't really hurt, but I can feel something going on over there.  Sometimes, like right now, it is kind of like a warm tingling sensation and other times it is like a quick jabbing feeling.  I don't remember feeling this with my first and I am totally paranoid that I may be having an ectopic pregnancy.  I've had no bleeding or spotting of any sort and when I went to the doc a few weeks ago, the nurse I talked to said to just keep an eye on it and didn't really sound very concerned. I don't go back to the doc till June 8th and if it were severe pain of course I would go right now.  Do you think I would be having issues if it were an ectopic from the very begining? I think I am even more worried about it because my cousin had an ectopic once and she almost died from it.  She told me to watch out for neck pain and so far I've been fine in that department!  What are you guys experiencing if anything?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marandar2323
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM

WELL WITH MY FIRST I HAD SOME PAIN ON BOTH SIDES AND THE DR SAID IT WAS JUST MY LIGAMENTS STRETCHING, I HAD SOME WITH THE OTHER 2 BUT NOT AS MUCH. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!!

jlr09092006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Thanks!  I thought maybe ligaments stretching too, but I read that usually happens in the 2nd trimester. 

momoftwins_2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM

With my first pregnancy, I had that same weird twinge pain feeling on one side. I swore it was ectopic. But it wasnt thank goodness. This time I sometimes feel the ligaments down there stretching too. I think ectopic is pretty dang rare. I wouldnt worry about it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)