Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about u/s and weeks

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so I have my first appt. ultrasound with my doc. when Im 9 weeks, almost 10 accually. My first pregnancy I had an u/s at 7 weeks, same doctor. Im just wondering if anyone has requested an early ultrasound or went somewhere else to get a early ultrasound? Im just feeling a little anxious because my appointment is still 4 weeks away. I just wanna make sure there is accually something in there... Anyone do anything like this??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeldescending
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I am only 7 1/2 weeks now with #1. My 1st apt is also at the10 week mark. I think it is horrible to make us wait so long.

NewMrsWright
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

If you guys want to get an earlier one, say you are cramping and want to rule out an eptopic. :)

Works everytime I hear.

momoftwins_2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:56 PM

LOL I hate waiting...Im only 5 weeks and my first one isnt until 9...Thats 4 weeks of a total mystery for me. I feel bad lying to the doc though lol

prBarbie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM

i have my first appt next thurs, i will be 10 or 11 wks, since im not exactly sure how many wks i am since my last menstral cycle was irregular.  my hubs is military so i went last wk for blood and labs.  but they didnt check me.  but my appt should take about 40 minutes. it sucks cause waiting is the hardest part.  but im almost there.

KenzieRoosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Mine was at 9 weeks for my first as well. You can call and see if they'll move you up but I think 9 weeks is the best time for the first ultra sound. Before that, sometimes they can't see everything they need to .

Hang in there! Those first weeks are hard!

MyBbyGrlSleeps
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Most dr's wont even see you till your 10 wks here... Try a Womans Care Center if you have 1 where you live... They do here and offer free pregnancy tests and u/s but they wont do them till 8 wks... Good Luck...

m_rob1021
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I felt the same way with both of my pregnancies. I had to go to the ER for dehydration with my DS at 8wks and they gave me an ultrasound. My second pregnancy, I didn't know when my last period was and so they gave me one at 5wks to confirm a due date. Unfortunately, that is the only time I saw my second child. But don't worry. Your baby is still in there. Everyone worries. If you're feeling really anxious, it used to help me during my first pregnancy to take an HPT. Just seening those two lines made me feel better. Good luck :)

CathyJD
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I had an ultrasound at 6w, 7w, and tomorrow at 8w2d.  I think it just depends on the doctor, but my doctor usually likes to get you in at 6weeks.

Jewels11
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I had my first Ultra-sound at 8 wks 4 days and my first app was at 5-6 wks. Yea its a pain and worry to wait so long but hang in there. I agree take another HPT to ease your mind, thats what I did til my first appointment. I took like 2-3 even after baby was confirmed by the blood test. I'm now 22 wks 5 days with my first boy! =) So exciting!

p1xystyx
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I had my first appt yesterday. doc thinks im either 5 or 7 weeks. cuz i got my iud out on april 30th. he gave me a order for ultrasound, told me i cold make it when ever. im going to do it next week, just cuz i dont want to have to go back every week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)