Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bloodwork - I figured this was a better place to post...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

I had my BW rechecked today and my HCG went from 74 to 187 (since Monday). However, my progesterone went from 21 to 15.7. They are starting progesterone injections tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this? What does it mean??? She said 15 isnt a terrible level, but that she wanted to be extra safe and do the injections?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
racheypoo03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

BUMP!

tessak22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

No one? :P

MomDragonHeart
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I have never experienced the progesterone thing so here's a bump for ya mamabump

Jessymessy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM

i dont know but heres another bump

Ctink8189
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I wish I knew anything about this but I dont =( 

jazi1105
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I've never had progesterone, but I've heard about it. I'm not a professional or anything and I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that without the injections, you could miscarry. Considering that your hcg is rising, that means that the pregnancy is viable, and trying to survive, but if your progesterone is getting lower, that means that you need a little help to keep the pregnancy. My previous miscarriage in Oct the hospital recommended that I get put on progesterone since I was losing the baby, but since my dr refused, I lost the baby 3 days later. But there is a little bit of not so good news-it's not a guarantee that it'll save the pregnancy. Hopefully the progesterone will help and you'll have a nice healthy baby soon enough! Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers! 

RedheadMama18
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

BUMP!

tessak22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Thank you for that! Now I am worried, however, only time will tell, right? I was hoping this was going to be my normal pregnancy!!!

Quoting jazi1105:

I've never had progesterone, but I've heard about it. I'm not a professional or anything and I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that without the injections, you could miscarry. Considering that your hcg is rising, that means that the pregnancy is viable, and trying to survive, but if your progesterone is getting lower, that means that you need a little help to keep the pregnancy. My previous miscarriage in Oct the hospital recommended that I get put on progesterone since I was losing the baby, but since my dr refused, I lost the baby 3 days later. But there is a little bit of not so good news-it's not a guarantee that it'll save the pregnancy. Hopefully the progesterone will help and you'll have a nice healthy baby soon enough! Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

jazi1105
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I didn't mean to worry you! lol Just try to be optimistic, and take one day at a time. It's scary, I know, but you have to have faith that things will be ok. Like I said before, what you probably need is just a boost of progesterone...I mean your hcg level is going up and that's a good thing. Progesterone is what helps the pregnancy stick so to speak. Like I said before I'll be praying for you!! *hugs* 

Quoting tessak22:

Thank you for that! Now I am worried, however, only time will tell, right? I was hoping this was going to be my normal pregnancy!!!

Quoting jazi1105:

due in december Pictures, Images and Photos

pregnancy
olivejuicebby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Quoting MomDragonHeart:

I have never experienced the progesterone thing so here's a bump for ya mamabump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)