• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

checking your cervix

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok, so I tried to check my cervix tonight, but in all honestly, I have no idea what I'm feeling for. I've never really done it in the past, so I haven't a clue at what it's supposed to feel like, or where its supposed to be...ugh, i feel stupid. so, i guess my questions for ya'll is, around ovulation, where and what is your cervix supposed to feel like? how do you tell if it's open or closed? any good websites to help me out on this?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
giasmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM

... well sorry i cant offer you any advice since i dont really check my cervix, and i cant really reach it either, but the other day i posted something about CM and a girl posted back about a websight

beautifulcervix.com

there actually photos of an actual cervix and i have to warn you after looking at the photos for a while i was feeling pretty grossed out, but perhaps it can help you.

KenzieRoosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

With my first, I didn't check for cervical position but the mucous is a great way to know where you are in your cycle, too. Its often easier to "find"..

Good luck!

Hrivera5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

It really is an adventure, thats for sure....finding your cervix that is LOL.  Mine is really high most of the time..so at first I was like "there is nothing there" lol.  The best way for me to find mine is to squat, or lean forward while sitting on the potty and to push down with those pelvic muscles in the middle (if that makes sense)...this will bring the cervix down so you can feel it.

During ovulation, your cervix should be high, soft, open and wet.

When its open, it feels like your lips...with a slit....when it's closed, it feels like the tip of your nose.

And beautifulcervix.com is graphic, but really is educational :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)