Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Metformin

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am waiting on my lab results my OB is testing me for PCOS, she said that if they confirm that I have it they would like me to go on Metformin since DH and I would like to have a baby, can anyone tell me about it side effects, does it really help ect.......

Thanks Ladies!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KenzieRoosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Found this!  Hope it helps:
http://www.otispregnancy.org/files/metformin.pdf

Tryin2Concieve
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM
There's A Group On Here Called Living With PCOS...It'll Tell You Everything You Need To Know. I Have PCOS..It Sucks. Why Does The Dr Think You Might Have Pcos?? Do You Have Any Of The Symptoms?? Some Have All The Symptoms Some Have Little... I Have The Dark Patches Of Skin,Gaining weight but hard to lose it, Excess Hair, depression,fatigue and decreased sex drive. But The Good Thing Is I Have My Periods Every Month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sneezy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

the first few weeks are hard.  you will have digestive issues.  staying near the bathroom and tons of gas x chewables helped me with it.  i'm on my 3rd month of met and now instead of no AF i get it every two weeks.  {yippie, right?}  my OB said it takes at least 3 months for it to really help, but I've heard women who have had O come on it's own after two.  I hope this for you!  

DessC
by on May. 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Thank you so much for all the info ladies, it really helps!!! I have the weight I cannot loose, excess hair, no AF, and they are doing the bloodwork I should have the results tuesday. If it looks like it is a possibility they will follow up with an ultrasound.

olivejuicebby
by on May. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

BUMP!

DessC
by on May. 29, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Quoting olivejuicebby:

BUMP!

Thanks for the bump hun :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)