Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clomid users?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm having problems with ovulating. My cycles are anywhere from 35-45 days long. I'm currently on CD34 and no LH surge. Still haven't ovulated.

My friend suggested Clomid, so I'm scheduling a Dr's appointment. Any users out there? I haven't researched it and don't know much about it.

I need some advice. Is it a good idea? Should I just hold out?

It makes TTC so hard when I feel like ALL I do, is wait around for ovulation that never seems to happen. 

Err.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I need something...I can't just wait around for over a month to FINALLY get the chance to try. Its so hard...

Thanks ladies - and I'm sending out ALL my baby dust. Lord knows I don't need it...anytime soon.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophieLee
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I'll bump for ya... so it doesn't get lost in here!

Ladies... lets help her out..

JessBarnes53
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:02 AM

I have been on Clomid for the last year. I started on 50 mg and my dr just upped it to 100 mg. I did manage to get pregnant in Jan but mc at 4 weeks 3 days. But it proved to me that it does work. The side effect sucked for the first 2 months but then my body got used to it. I have hot flashes, head aches, acne on my face and back and i was cranky for a couple days. But talk to your dr. GL and Baby Dust!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

ttcTTC miracle #2... trying to overcome PCOS!
sanoe08
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I'm going on cycle #4 this month with Clomid. Sometimes it takes a few cycles for it to work so I'm not giving up yet...It couldn't hurt to ask your doc about it. They'll probably run a few tests and see why you aren't ovulating. Your SO should get checked out too..just to cover all the bases. Good luck to you mama!!

earthsangel2006
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I was on Clomid for 5 cycles for of those cycles with 50mg dosage and 1 with 100mg. For 3 cycles I was also put on Estradiol(that's the generic name so it is universally known). I was placed on Clomid because I do not ovulate on my own. My 5th cycle proved to be my lucky one because I am PG :D so Goodluck.

JLO815
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I was having the same problem as you. I went from 38-41 day cycles, to not getting my period  at all and not ovulating. I was given provera by my gyn to start my period back in March after 71 days and no period. Then in April my period didn't come on it's own again. So gyn put me back on provera this month and my 1st cycle of clomid 50mg, which I started on 5/16. Today is CD 16 and my fertility monitor read peak fertility this morning! Not only did the clomid help me to ovulate, but it also got me closer to a "normal" cycle length. The only side effect I had was hot flashes (a lot of them, but worth it!).  HTH and good luck!!!

Cookie1980
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Yea I'm with all the other girls....I am in my 2ww with my second round of clomid and My boobs swelled and the hot flashes were awful but other than that nothing really bad....My periods were 32-35 days and now there 30 days! So hopefully it's working! GL

olivejuicebby
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM

BUMP!

KatieBug63
by on May. 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I am on my first cycle of Clomid and currently 3 DPO...

And just FYI: Take heart! I conceived my daughter when I ovulated on day 41!

Penny-Red
by on May. 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM

You girls are awesome!! Thank you for all the feedback. 

I'm on CD36 and my temp shot up yesterday and was high again today. Still negative OPK's, so I'm thinking I am not going to ovulate this cycle. 

I talked to my therapist yesterday and she said that I have a lot of "high stressers"  in my daily life that I usually over look, but apparently my subconscious still stresses about them and I didn't realize it. Apparently that could be a reason. 

I did make an appt to see my family doc. next Wednesday. My DH and I got a new insurance at the first of the year and I haven't found an GYN yet. We'll see what he says.

Thanks again ladies - feel so nice to know I'm not alone.

Penny-Red
by on May. 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)