Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ultrasound help...they couldn't see the baby?!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:38 AM
  • 40 Replies

So I had an ultrasound done last week at 4 weeks, and they couldn't see the baby/embryo. My other 2 pregnancies they could see the fetus by 4 weeks. And then they were telling me they saw a cyst or possible ectopic on my right ovary, or that they could've just missed the embryo in the uterus...Is it all that common to miss the embryo at 4/5 weeks? I'm confused...

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kay-von-h
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:58 AM

it could be missed huni they are so tiny at that stage and dont necasserily have a heartbeat just yet so makes it harder to see...

have they sent u another appointment??

goodluck...

xx

thenguyenclan
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:05 AM

you could still be too early :-(  my last pregnancy they couldnt see anything at like 8 weeks.....and then all of a sudden 2 weeks later there she is!

so i would wait a few more weeks and then go back to the doctor and see.... :-)

candra186
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Yea that was last Thursday and they're checking again today...

una1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Well i know at my 4 week scan they couldn't see anything. I would try and not worry to much. When will they bring you back for a re-scan

una1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Oh i missed this. Please update us. Goodluck

Quoting candra186:

Yea that was last Thursday and they're checking again today...

BethRae
by Bethany on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 AM

I was under the impression that they couldn't see the baby until 6 weeks!

kyleighsmama07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 AM

this was my son at 6 weeks pregnant my levels were over 5,000...he was super tiny here and this was zoomed way in. 4 weeks is probably still way to early. i know at my doctor they won't check ultrasound until you're levels are over 5,000...good luck and keep us posted!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie
BaByMaMa27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:38 AM

You CANNOT see anything at 4 weeks, sorry. That is IMPOSSIBLE! They could barely see my baby at 6 weeks.

BaByMaMa27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Update???

ashley1213
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Agreed. My dr warned me that even with a transvaginal ultrasound that we may not be able to see the baby at my 6w3d appt. We could barely see a little dot and the heartbeat was too small to measure.. it was just a flicker!

Quoting BaByMaMa27:

You CANNOT see anything at 4 weeks, sorry. That is IMPOSSIBLE! They could barely see my baby at 6 weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)