Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it always something!?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ever since finding out that my hubby deploys sooner than we thought I have just been going insane with TTC. Well I keep the insanity to myself and to you ladies here on CafeMom so that my hubby doesn't feel stressed about it! But last month we didn't end up getting to BD at the right moments. Now here lately I have been having TONS of creamy CM so I know my O day is coming but DH has had alot going on at work and hasn't really been in the mood at night. Then he tells me yesterday that he will be working a 24 hour shift from 9am Friday morning to 9am Saturday morning. I'm afraid we will miss it yet AGAIN. ONTOP OF THAT.. we leave on the 30th of this month to go to Texas for a week's vacation and it happens to be right smack dab in the middle of my fertile "week". Now the chances of us getting enough alone time to BD during that time are very slim because we will be sharing a room with our 2 children and my entire family is going to want to come visit at some point in those 7 days that we are there. Now here is the last part.. in August he will be leaving for a MONTH of training so we will miss possibly 1 OR 2 cycles from that depending on which day he leaves, then he will be deployed for a year 3 months after his return from training! It just feels like there is always something that is keeping us from conceiving and i'm beginning to wonder if it was meant to be. I know that I will have my time eventually, it's just that we aren't completely sure that we would like to continue TTC when he returns from deployment. By that time my daughter will be in kindergarten and my son will be in pre school. Not so sure if that is the best time to put a newborn into the mix. Maybe my thinking will change before then... Anyways I just wanted to get it all out because it has seriously been depressing me lately. Thanks ladies

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
my4stepsons
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I kinda know how you feel. My BF and I are in the middle of getting ready to move and we are on our last chance until after his deployment next spring. He says that if I were to get pregnant any time after this month, his unit won't send him on yet another deployment. Even though his deployments are only 6-8 months, I know how much he wants to go on ONE. We've dealt with a lot of stuff in the few short months we've been together but for us it seems like there's always something too. I wish you the best momma and hang in there.

kyleighsmama07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM

when on your trip try taking a shower together..ask family if they could watch the kids while you two run to the "store"...in the middle of the night while they are sleeping sneak into a closet..make it fun and exciting like when we were younger!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)