Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we missed it :(

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

I feel so lost in this whole TTC. We've been trying this whole "whatever happens, happens" thing for a while with no luck but I've been trying to keep an eye on my fertile times to try to help it along but I am feeling so lost lately. My cycles are messed up (28-35 days) so I have no idea when ovulation is. I was hoping we would be able to conceive right after our wedding last weekend but I'm so confused about my ovulation that I'm thinking we missed it :( My last period started May 19.  I should have ovulated this week right?

So. Confused.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ASmomofQman
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Are you doing the ovulation test strips?? They help you. That's what we're doing. The doctor told me don't cut corner when you're serious about concieving. Meaning, when you get the ovulation kits get the good time. It may be more exspensive but it's worth it. Good luck hun!

Mommylove912
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hi Stephanie,

TTC can definitely be confusing and frustrating.  A lot of the ladies on here take their temps every morning and then chart the results.  This can be helpful in "seeing" ovulation.  I never did that though.  I used only OPK's for a few months when I got pregnant with my daughter.  I always had a fairly predictable 28-29 day cycle, but discovered by using the OPK's that I was actually ovulating later in the cycle than I thought....closer to day 17 than 14.  The sperm can live for 3-5 days and the egg has a good few hours as well.  As long as you BD often (every 2 or so days) you should be covered.  Remember though that the chances of conceiving each month are only 25% for healthy couples.  (I hate that statistic!!!!!)  Try to stay positive, you may just get your honeymoon baby after all! baby dust Good luck and lots of baby dust for you! 

OH.....and Congrats on your wedding!!!  congratulations

Cait (27) Tim (27) Gabriella born 9/12/09

There is nothing more rewarding than being a parent! smile mini

candcsmom2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

With a 28 day cycle you would O today and so a 35 will be this weekend just try to BD as often as possible from now till  Wednesday and that should cover it.. GL MOMMA

arichey85
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I seriously could have written this!! My las period was may 17th, and my cm isn't the best at knowing when i'm ovulating, so I went and bought those test strips and they helped a TON! so, i'd suggest going and buying them. Good luck!!

Stephanie92789
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I checked my CM this morning and it's cloudy. That should mean I already ovulated right?

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Do you use OPK's? They would help you out a lot. My cycles are irregular too so I spent the $$ on a fertility monitor which takes the guessing out of it. To me it's worth the $$ but others just buy the OPK strips and do fine with those too. But dont go by CM alone. Good luck!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hey

since your periods are a little out of whack, your ovulation time could depend.  In your case, I would definitely start temping  or using OPK's (or both).  That will help you determine when you ovulate and when to expect your period.

giasmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM

congrats on your wedding!! it can be confusing esp if your cycles arent regular. i havent been in the game long myself but been doing the whatever happens thing too... i have been trying to understand my body a little better to help things along, but if you have been doin it this way for a while i think ovulation predictor kits will work for you.. i dont think i want to be bothered w temping all that stuff just yet. maybe ill try opk's if it doesnt happen for me soon. ive been checking my cm every few days, and i had never had a true ewcm until this month. when i saw it i was like "OH thats DEF it" and yours should look like that when your o'ing. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)