Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctor's Appt June 9th

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Im fairly new here but I have a few questions. I had my Implanon removed a little over a month ago. I have yet to have a regular period. I had a miscarriage on 11/24/09 and a D&C on 12/1/09. The doctor never waited until I had a regular period to insert the Implanon so techincally I havent had a period since September 7th 2009. I had "some" spotting it was only once on 5/18/10. No PMS, No AF and every HPT has been 100% negative with ZERO chance of their even being a line. I even did OPKs for fun just to see if my body was o'ing and nope. The test never even got a dark line or hell even a LINE! So I called and set up an appointment with my GYN for 6/9/10. What kind of questions should I ask her when I go? Im at a loss.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
candcsmom2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Personally sounds like BC has messed up your cycle, I think they may tell you it is too early for intervention.. But if they listen to you and are willing to do anyting I would ask for a Hormone panel. GL MOMMA

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Im having sort of the same issue. I got off BC and now I havent had a regular period. However. I was told by my DR that they are supposed to wait to insert any kind of birthcontol usually until after you resume your cycle. Thats what I was told @ least.

Mommylove912
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I would certainly ask how long it would take your body to recover from your BC method.  What is typical.  If the time frame is way off from what he quoted, I would definitely bring this up.  I know with depo-provera it could take up to 6 months to get your period back.

I would also let him know that you aren't noticing any ovulation.  He may be able to prescribe you something to induce a period and get things started.

I hope you are able to get things situated :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)