Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another reason to stop using chemicals in your home, esp while TTC!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

A fascinating article which talks about studies done to see how many and which type of chemicals we are breathing in - which then transfer to our unborn children. I'd love to hear your feedback, positive or negative.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/06/01/backpack.cord.blood/index.html?hpt=C2

Proud SAHM to Joey (3.5) and Riley (11 mos) & TTC our #3, Silas or Maya. Navy wife to my kind, loving, wonderful husband Joe. I prefer green living. Health and nutrition is important to me and car seat safety is a priority. I do not agree with CIO and while I prefer to breastfeed, I understand that it is not for everyone. I co-sleep when my kids want to and I'll wear my baby when my back doesn't hurt :) I have 3 tattoos and want more! I think I've summed me up, but if you want to know more, just ask!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
candcsmom2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM

WOW very interesting.. TY for sharing momma.

elisajenise
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I TOTALLY agree with this!!! I buy my cleaning products, sunscreen (without the bad stuff) mineral makeup etc from Melaleuca. It has made a HIGE difference in my kids asthma, allergies and my eczema!!!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

This is very interesting.  I wonder if this has any effect on those who have "unexplained infertility".  Thank you for sharing, but it is really scary.

_elle_vee_
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Isn't it crazy? The scariest part of it is that even though we can control how we live our lives, we cannot control how others live and their mistakes and carelessness is causing our families harm. I don't allow my children to consume anything processed, I make everything from scratch and use organic products. I don't use chemicals in my home..I use all organic cleaners or make my own from vinegar, etc. I literally work my ass off to keep my family living as natural and organic as possible and in the big picture...it hasn't made much of a difference in the world at all. At least I feel that way. I guess all I can do is keep my family as healthy as possible and teach others to do the same. Maybe someday it WILL make a bigger difference.

Proud SAHM to Joey (3.5) and Riley (11 mos) & TTC our #3, Silas or Maya. Navy wife to my kind, loving, wonderful husband Joe. I prefer green living. Health and nutrition is important to me and car seat safety is a priority. I do not agree with CIO and while I prefer to breastfeed, I understand that it is not for everyone. I co-sleep when my kids want to and I'll wear my baby when my back doesn't hurt :) I have 3 tattoos and want more! I think I've summed me up, but if you want to know more, just ask!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)