Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after stopping the pill ?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi girlies i was just wondering if anyone knows on average how long after stopping the pill do ppl concieve. I have 2 children already and wasn't on the pill b4 my first although both were planned pregnancies. I have spinabifida so pre planning pregnancy makes it safer for me so i can take the folic acid for 3 months b4 trying. I have been off the pill now for nearly 3 months and have been taking Folic acid since b4 i stopped. It took me 3 months to concieve with my first and then 6 months with my second. With my second i was on the pill and stopped taking it. I was just interested to see how long it has taken others after stopping the pill. Thanks girls xxxx

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hrivera5
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I have never come off the pill to TTC...but other birth controls have made it hard for me to get pregnant after coming off them.  After Depo, took me a year and a half...and after NuvaRing, took me 7 months.  So, it all depends I am sure!  Good luck!

robibuni
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Well when DH and I conceived DD, I was on the pill from January 2007-March 2008. We conceived DD at the beginning of August, so for me it took about 5 months more or less to even out and conceive. 

Good luck :)

Miranda926
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:25 AM

With my first it took 6 months, with my 2nd I was planning to stop a week after I found out I was preggerz, and with this one it took less than a month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)