Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This sucks!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, so I've been trying to lose some weight before we start ttc in august.  I've already lost 15 lbs (it took me two months but whatever at least it's progress!).  Well my blood pressure is also high and is so far unaffected by my weight loss.  If anything it's gotten higher as i've lost weight.  So the doctor put me on something that is supposed to be safe in pregnancy but it's not working so they had to put me on another one that I cannot take while I'm preg.  I go back in a few weeks to check in but I just want this fixed!  I'm only 25 years old!  I know I'm overweight but dieting and exercising are not helping!  I just want to get to a point where I can have a healthy pregnancy.  I was blessed with two healthy pregnacies already I just want one more.

Ok, my pity party is done...thanks for letting me vent.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ltlnutmeg
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

you might want to look into the hcg diet.   http://www.besthcgonline.com/  My mother also has HBP and on this diet after the first week she has to stop taking her meds cause it seems to really lower her BP.  She also lost a little over 30 lbs in 6 wks.  My DH also did the diet and lost 24 lbs in 3 wks.  Hang in there!

carriermonkey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Firsft off CONGRATULATIONS! 15 pounds in 2 months is an amazing start!  It is NEVER too late to get healthy for your family.  You can't let the fact that your blood pressure didn't go down hinder your desire to get healthy.  Keep going!  It can only help.  Keep eating healthy and staying active and it will have to work in your favor.  And don't get too upset, stress isn't good for blood pressure. :)

good luck

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)