Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel silly asking this but cant find anything on google tmi :)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
well my question is whenever dh and i bd i feel the spermies come out/leak out... Dh made a point and said maybe thats why i havent got preggers what do you think? Is that normal ? And does any sperm even make it to and threw my cervix at all? Thnx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessymessy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

dont feel bad, i totally asked this exact question a few weeks ago! It is normal, I got alot of replies saying the same thing happened to them. some people said it may have to do with when in your cycle you are having sex.

preacherskid
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM

A lot more sperm makes it in than you would think.  What leaks out is typically only a little bit of what stays in.  That happens to me a lot; now I am almost 8 weeks pregnant.

Bren07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM

something that should help is to keep ur butt/hips elevated for 10mins after BDing. after that anything that comes out is not essential for TTC..

plzbpreggo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM
gee thnx lol glad someone else had that experience ...i started to do crazy position after to keep the sperm in dh thought i was crazy lol thnx again ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
plzbpreggo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM
ok thnx that position sounds alot more comfortable :)

Quoting Bren07:

something that should help is to keep ur butt/hips elevated for 10mins after BDing. after that anything that comes out is not essential for TTC..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jewels11
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Yep just lay on your back hips/butt propped up for 10-20 mins after BD and you'll be fine. I have this happen all the time and I'm now 22 wks 5 days pregnant. =) Good Luck!

plzbpreggo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM
wow congrats! N thnx for the reply

Quoting Jewels11:

Yep just lay on your back hips/butt propped up for 10-20 mins after BD and you'll be fine. I have this happen all the time and I'm now 22 wks 5 days pregnant. =) Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommie4lfe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Also, you'll want to BD in the middle of your cycle when you can tell there is a lot of mucus down there.  That helps the sperm swim....

trewlove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Has nothing to do wit when, this the way it works and is why the quality of YOUR cervical mucus ( CM) is sooo important! When a man ejaculates there are two things that come out- semen and sperm, they actually come from two different places in the male genitals and mix in the urethra as they exit the penis.. Semen is a ph-neutral fluid that the sperm can survive in and is thick when coming out. But when it goes into the vagina it 'liquifies', becomes watery. Ideally when he let's loose the tip is very close to your cervix and his stuff lands on it and near it. The sperm have to have a ph-balanced fluid to swim to, so they swim from his semen to your CM. If your CM is too thick or too thin or not present then the sperm have a very difficult time making it to and through your cervix. Liquifaction of the semen allows the sperm to swim from his semen to your CM and on through the cervix. Once liquifaction has occurred, the semen is empty, the sperm have gone to your fluids. So when it comes out of you is because it has no more purpose. That is why the female fertile CM needs to be sticky/stringy, so it doesnt just drain out of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcLaws
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)