Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body fat...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

I just read on babycenter.com that if your body fat is too low or too high, it can affect your fertility. I already knew that, BUT just found out that if your too low, your hormones have a hard time telling your body when to ovulate so your periods will usually be all kinds of crazy! My bmi is 19% and they say that if it is lower then 17% then your body may not ovulate :( So I guess I need to get some fat on me...lol. I have tried soooo hard, but a two year old and a two month old (baby sit) is kind of keeping it off!! Any way, just thought I would share...also, be careful with exercise. Too much can lower your body fat too much.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM

My friend was very underweight and couldn't get PG so her doc said to gain some weight and it worked!

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I gained weight before my daughter was born and i think that's what helped me conceive her.Now im about 118 and i hope that's enough weight not to throw things off.But ive lost a few pounds and ive been spotting for some reason so i think that maybe my problem again.

SoLuckysAngel
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:52 AM

I'm 5'3". The first time I got preg and when I got preg with my son I was between 97 and 105 pounds. (My family is genetically small and I danced for 14 years, I used to eat like a horse.). The first time I was on BC pills taking them perfectly, I was just in the 3%. With my son we decided to start trying and a month later I found out I was 3 weeks preg.

Now at an average weight for my height I'm struggling to get preg. Go figure. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)