Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im scared, and nervous, and I feel selfish

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:46 PM
  • 9 Replies
Dh and I have been charting for about 4 months but did not decide to try until this cycle. He desperatly wants another kid and while I do too, I am scared. I am on such a roll losing weight that I am scared that this 9 month bump in the road will be too much for me to stay even sort of on track. I have lost 82 pounds since October and I want another baby, but I have so much more to lose. I still weigh 228. I'm just confused and the thought of putting it off so I can continue to lose weight makes me feel selfish. I don't know. Ladies what would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crzemom
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM

i think you should do whatever is best and healthiest for you talk it over with ur doc. u being healthier is going to be better for ur baby aas well so dont think your being selfish

shivajnr
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

First of all WOW! thats awesome that you have made such progress! Second, you do what you feel is best like pp said.  You are more likely to have an easier time getting preggers and having a healthy pregnancy if YOU are healthy.  Good luck in whatever you decide!

SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Congrads.... And as everyone said, you ahve to do what is right for you... You can talk to your doc about what plan you are doing to lose the wegiht and if you get preggo you might be able to keep up with what you are already doing with out hurting the baby... BUT YOU HAVE TO TALK TO THE DOC ABOUT IT, and let them give you the okay.. If you are doing a healthy diet and moreate exercize then I am sure they would have no problem with it.

When i went to my doc they told me not to gain more than 10lbs... Ahahahahahahaahahha!!!! i laughed my ass off but I did gain slowly and steady, so it was a good thing... And usually with your 2nd you don't gain as much anyway. But ask your doc and see what they say.

Mommie4lfe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

WTG with looseing all that weight.  You need to do what you feel is best for your body!  How old is your child?!  Do you want a big age difference?!

MamaTaj
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I would say , talk to your hubby about how you are feeling. Tell him that your scared to gain the weight back. Maybe you can wait or if now seems to be the right time, then maybe you could tell your hubs, that you need his help to stay on track with your fitness while you are preggers?? I am no doctor so obviously this is just my personal opinion, but as long as you have been active lately, you should still be able to continue to stay active during your pregnancy, with the Docs OK. I say if your ready, don't let your weight change that, just stay on a good regiman while pregger, whether it be walking everyday, or just eating healthy...I dunno, I think you can stay healthy and be pregnant, but that's coming from my 240 pound self, who is also ready for another baby but scared to get preggers at me current weight. I wish you the best of luck girl!good luck

springtimemomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Well my daughter just turned 2 and I finished losing my baby weight right before that...however still have more to lose. BUT I would really like our kids 3 years or so apart plus I just turned 30. So I decided I will put off more weight loss until later but keep up the healthy eating habits I have established. So I guess it is up to you and your situation. Absolutely not selfish at all either way!

tryenfor4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

i was in the same boat i lost 100lb from oct 09to feb 10 we decided to start tryen in feb i got my bfp march 2nd because of losen so much weight so fast i gained it just as fast i gained 47lb in 4 months the doc said because i was on such a stricted diet for so long my body was storing more then it needed in case it was going to happen again and also i got terrible morn sickness and lost all my energy i couldnt even get off the couch for the last 4 months but luckly i did not gain a lb this last month since i got my energy back and have started working out again my doc told me if safe for me to lose weight i am back up to 272 and i think i can controll it the rest of this pregnancy and i now know i can lose it on my own and will lose it again after this baby... if your like me i have been struggling with weight ever since baby # 1 before i was 175 and i was finaly down to 220 for the first time in 8 years but i love haven babies they just put some weight on me lol but good luck and wish you the best for what ever you want :)

mandy716
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM
I have always been big. During my two other pregnancies I actually did not struggle with gaining. With my oldest I lost for the first 7 months then gained all I had lost plus 5 pounds in the next 2 months. With my youngest I didn't gain anything. I had a preg. In the middle that ended at 13 weeks and I gained 15 pounds. I talked to dh last night and we came to the conclusion that we feel for the most part now is the right time and we will make it work. I will still have a long way to go after the baby, but in hind sight it is better than reaching my goal weight and then getting pregnant and having to lose whatever I gained then. Or at least that is the way we are looking at it. I will stay active just not as much as I am now because I am sure my intensity is just too much. I will continue to follow the eating plan I am on but may have to mae some modifications but all in all we have decided to go for it this month. Thaks ladies.

Quoting tryenfor4:

i was in the same boat i lost 100lb from oct 09to feb 10 we decided to start tryen in feb i got my bfp march 2nd because of losen so much weight so fast i gained it just as fast i gained 47lb in 4 months the doc said because i was on such a stricted diet for so long my body was storing more then it needed in case it was going to happen again and also i got terrible morn sickness and lost all my energy i couldnt even get off the couch for the last 4 months but luckly i did not gain a lb this last month since i got my energy back and have started working out again my doc told me if safe for me to lose weight i am back up to 272 and i think i can controll it the rest of this pregnancy and i now know i can lose it on my own and will lose it again after this baby... if your like me i have been struggling with weight ever since baby # 1 before i was 175 and i was finaly down to 220 for the first time in 8 years but i love haven babies they just put some weight on me lol but good luck and wish you the best for what ever you want :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy0708toJC
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM

well its ur body, do what u feel is right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)