Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage question (UPDATE with new levels!!!)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

How long after a miscarriage should I return back to being able to get pregnant again... It was a very early miscarriage, within just a few days after missing my period and getting a positive...

Ladies!!! WOW I am shocked!!! My levels went from 54 on friday to 145 this morning!!! OBGYN said it is still a viable pregnancy!!! WOWIE!!!!

TTC my first after Depo...for going on 21 months. Full time Custodial Stayathome Parent (Stepson age 5 and stepdaughter age 8) TTC my First! :) - MOM is not a Noun- IT IS a VERB, and I am doing all the hard work, she may have the TITLE of mommy, but I get to BE the MOMMY!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
renea23
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM

What did your doctor say? I would think you should wait three to six months, but I don't really know.

kyisme21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM
i miscarried at 16 weeks a week ago and today my doc gave me the ok.

BUT! i would talk to your doctor and see what they say. though sometimes you have to go with your heart.
good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM

i would say wait one cycle. usually three cycles is recommended but i know plenty of people who try again right away.

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

It does depend on what your Dr. says.I M/c at about 5 weeks and completely passed the baby.The Dr. gave us the go ahead later that week.So we tried.I m/c Dec 06 and got my BFP Jan 07 at about 10DPO.I Couldn't believe that it happened so fast but i truly believe that my daughter is a miracle and was just meant to come back to us so soon.And i say this because Her middle name is Renell (like Renae but ell).And i didn't know  until the other day but, in Latin it means reborn or rebirth.I named her after D/H grandmother that raised him that passed.My pregnancy was perfect w/o any complications.She now happy and healthy 2yr old.So i say go for it when you ready.Good luck to you . Sticky BABY DUST.

mom2wy
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM

We started ttc after the bleeding stopped with each of ours but it depends on what you feel is right for you hun! GL

tinag1974
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I have miscarried 4 times very early (less than 5 weeks along) and was able to start trying again after my period.  My doctor didn't tell me I had to wait at all.  After my first miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks, my doctor still said that after my first period, we could start trying again.  That being said, I would still ask your doctor. 

by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I started trying 1 week after my m/c on 5/4/10. Unfortunatley it didn't work out for us since I just got my period today. There are some women that do get pregnant right after m/c though.

Jessy613
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I have had 2 miscarriages, and the doctor told me I could start trying right away if I want to, but says it would probably be best to at least have ONE period before ttc again..just to let your body get back on schedule after the m/c

Lottie925
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:01 AM

definitely ask your Dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)