Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh Im so confused I need help please: EDIT WITH PICS

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM
  • 20 Replies

We decided last month to start trying this month. I have been tracking for several months to get my mind around it and be prepared. The only tracking I have done has been watching cm, checking cervical placement, and seeing how long my cycles were. They were ALL 29 days and I always ovulated when fertility friend and mymonthly cycles said I should. However, this month I started one day earlier than normal (June 2nd). One webiste says I should O on June 16 and the other on the 17th. So I bought some OPK's and took the first one two days ago. Obvious negative. The took two yesterday and the test line was getting much darker. Took another on just a bit ago and the test line is just as dark as control line, I think. Is it possible to O earlier this cycle than I have been? I have watery, almost ewcm (it stretches but not as far as what I usualy have when I think I am ovulating). Cervix is high and open. So all the signs are there, but we are trying for a boy (I do realize it is not 100% and God will give what is best) and that means we need to bd on day of ovulation. So we do not want to do it too early. What do you ladies think? Any ideas? I will try to edit this in a few minutes with pics.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivajnr
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Bottom one looks + but opk can be that way for 36 hours before you o. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady_kira
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I read somewhere that your fertile days are actually 5 days before ovulation, it was on one of those ovulation calculator websites. But that's obviously up to debate.

smileyashmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM

This!!  Good luck!

Quoting shivajnr:

Bottom one looks + but opk can be that way for 36 hours before you o. Good luck!

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

The Bottom one looks positive!

fitmama13
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:23 PM

CD 12 Good luck!!

mandy716
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM
So is there anyway for sure to know when to Bd? We want it to be as close to ovulation as possible. This is all very confusing. Thanks ladies.

Quoting shivajnr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBLC
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Bottom one is positive !!! Get BDing !!

giasmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM

i ovulated on the 28th of may, going off my ewcm. we bd'd only 4 days prior and 2 days after and ijust got my bfp! good luck.

LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I agree the bottom one looks good but it's hard to say when you should bd.  A positive opk means that you will most likely O in the following 12 - 36 hours, but that little eggy will most likely only live for 12 hours once it's released.  That's a little tricky.  Maybe 24 hours after would catch it????  Good luck!

mandy716
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Ugh. I went back and looked at the book I have about gender selection and am getting more and more confused. I tested last night at 6 pm and it was negative. Tested today at noon and got a positive. Now I'm scared I will miss the window of opportunity if I wait too long. Ugh. I think we are gonna put the book aside and let God decide and just go for it. Because while we would love a boy to go with our girls we would love another baby more than not having one b/c we waited too long. Urgh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)