Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really don't get it! OT: if you get offended easily, then DONT READ!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM
  • 32 Replies

Ya know, I really don't get some people! I have found more and more women are becoming so friggin uptight that they forget to have a sense of humor(particularly women TTC or women with any kind of illness)! What is it that made you lose your ability to sense sarcasm or read between the lines and have the ability to laugh?!?! To those people I say have you ever heard of the saying "laughter is the best medicine"? Well, it really is! I'm friggin tired of the pity parties people try to throw themselves! So what if you are waiting on a lung transplant and you read a joke that I sent to someone about people parking in handicap spots...A) It was just a joke. I am a comedian and performer...it's my JOB. Also kinda my job to ruffel feathers and P*** people off from time to time. B) I have a bum heart that CAN'T be fixed with a transplant, like you, due to bum valves! So my problem can only receive "maintenance" until my heart finally "blows a gasket"! Does that stop me? NO! Because I KNOW that I'm not dying right this very moment and I know that it's ok to simply live life and laugh! Maybe those that are ill should find time to laugh a little more and find some joy instead of throwing yourself a pity party{Pity party= "loneliness...party of one, your table is ready!}. I also see so many TTC mothers get so uptight that they can't find the humor in anything either! That's why you hear so many success stories from women that said "when we just let go, we got preggo". There is a reason!!! They LET FRIGGIN GO! They lived life and saw the beauty in its faults, flaws, and yes...its humor. I know that laughter is not the cure to cancer and laughing SURE won't come in handy while BDing, but I think if we all learned to laugh together and not enable ourselves to be so offended all the time, we could aaaalllll be happier...and maybe all get our BFPs. hehe. Just a vent ladies. Again, if you were offended by anything in this post, I DON'T GIVE A CARE! I warned you in the title BEFORE you even opened it! So keep it to yourself and go youtube "suprised kitty". It will make you feel better!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregowithfifth
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM

bow down

LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

clapping

A sense of humor is a requirement if you're going to be around me long!

I have bipolar disorder and I've had a headache every day for 4 1/2 years.  Some days are pretty unbearable, some I can ignore it - most in between.  People tell me I'm so amazing and they couldn't do it.  Pffft - sure ya could.  It hurts. It sucks.  It's apparently not going to change, but it isn't fatal!!  Everybody's got some burden to bear and mine's not gonna kill me.  I can laugh or I can cry.  I refuse to let life pass me by while I'm crying over something I can't control.

And to be honest, I DO get the giggles while bd'ing from time to time!!  It apparently hasn't helped me get pregnant, but it sure lightens the mood.

~  Lisa  ~

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Thank you ladies!!!

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Kudos to you for being strong!!! And yes...everyone has some sort of burden to bear, but not everyone realizes that they are not the only human being on earth with a burden. Thats the bad thing. Bahahaha, I caught the giggles while BDing before...it was the best form of birth control EVER! My husband was like ok...thats it...Im done! haha

Quoting LilyBeansMom:

clapping

A sense of humor is a requirement if you're going to be around me long!

I have bipolar disorder and I've had a headache every day for 4 1/2 years.  Some days are pretty unbearable, some I can ignore it - most in between.  People tell me I'm so amazing and they couldn't do it.  Pffft - sure ya could.  It hurts. It sucks.  It's apparently not going to change, but it isn't fatal!!  Everybody's got some burden to bear and mine's not gonna kill me.  I can laugh or I can cry.  I refuse to let life pass me by while I'm crying over something I can't control.

And to be honest, I DO get the giggles while bd'ing from time to time!!  It apparently hasn't helped me get pregnant, but it sure lightens the mood.

Lovebugbaby
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

hehe I laugh every once in a while when im bding with df. I'm just a giggle-er, and you should see his face. It's like :D.. :)... :| ... okay nevermind. loo

mrs.novoa09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM
I love laughing ;) kudos to you ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:43 PM

You said it girlfriend. I don't know why people are always so uptight for no reason :/

luxury1003
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I love your post, people are so uptight. I got pregnant when i finally let go and didnt care anymore. It took me 7mths to get pregnant and like you said the month i conceived i just let everything go and didnt care and guess what BFP. I now have a healthy amazing little girl who is 6mths old now. Good luck to all those TTC and I hope you get your BFPs soon

LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

hehe I laugh every once in a while when im bding with df. I'm just a giggle-er, and you should see his face. It's like :D.. :)... :| ... okay nevermind. loo

laughingLove the faces!!!

I guess DH deserves some credit next time for keeping it together when I get the giggles!

~  Lisa  ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)