Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it true

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
that you can get a false positive if your period is close?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shivajnr
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM

You have to have HCG in your urine and you only have enough to show up on a test if you are or just were pg.

ltlnutmeg
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Don't think so - a positive is a positive.  Your period doesn't cause your body to produce hcg only a pregnancy does!

ready_for2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

never heard that before

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Yes, but it is sooooooo rare.  I believe like 0.00001% get a false positive.  If you get a positive on your pregnancy test, then you are most likely pregnant.  The only caveat with testing early is that you could miscarry early, which would end up being your period.  But that is unlikely.

Good Luck!

mrs.novoa09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM
that's what I'm afraid of miscarriage cause it's so early i'll be 4 weeks tomorrow.

Quoting corrinacs:

Yes, but it is sooooooo rare.  I believe like 0.00001% get a false positive.  If you get a positive on your pregnancy test, then you are most likely pregnant.  The only caveat with testing early is that you could miscarry early, which would end up being your period.  But that is unlikely.

Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
claudiayreyes
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM

hCG,  , is a hormone produced by the fertilized egg and used to help your pregnancy while the placenta is developing. so in order to have a positive test their needs to be a baby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)