Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Some Help!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Ladies!  Well AF showed up today I think.  I have been bleeding on and off filling a pad so guess today counts as CD1 for me again.  My cycle was incredibly short this month, only 23 days.  I read about taking evening primrose oil to help with conceiving.  Has anyone used this before?  I bought a bottle today and took a pill tonight.  It says to take 1 pill 3 times a day but they are huge pills which kind of scares me that I might end up taking too much!  If you have used this before have you taken the recommended dose or did you do something different?  Has anyone conceived using evening primrose oil?  I also bought OPKs because I read to stop using the EPO as soon as I ovulate because it can prevent implantation.  Please share your experiences with me if you have taken evening primrose oil.  Also, has anyone else had a really short cycle?  Sorry if this post is kind of confusing.  Thank you for any help or advice. 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I responded to a post earlier asking if it was okay to take it while TTC. Here's the link I found when I was searching for her: http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

It says the dosage should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day from menstruation to ovulation.

I have not personally used it, but I'm thinking about it.

RedheadMama18
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Thanks!  I was looking for that post again before I wrote this one but could not find it.  I read that article and saw up to 3000 mg is ok.  I need to look at the bottle again for the dosage.  I guess big pills kind of scare me and especially when it is something I have never taken before.

Quoting mj.bullion:

I responded to a post earlier asking if it was okay to take it while TTC. Here's the link I found when I was searching for her: http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

It says the dosage should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day from menstruation to ovulation.

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM

No problem! :] I'm thinking about taking Evening Primrose to help too, but wasn't sure. Maybe some ladies have tried it and will comment! :] Although the article says "There are a large number of women who will vouch for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO as a great agent to increase the fertile type cervical fluid." Who knows! Can never hurt to try I suppose! :]

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Thanks!  I was looking for that post again before I wrote this one but could not find it.  I read that article and saw up to 3000 mg is ok.  I need to look at the bottle again for the dosage.  I guess big pills kind of scare me and especially when it is something I have never taken before.

Quoting mj.bullion:

RedheadMama18
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Yeah I am hoping for the best this month with it!  This will be our 6th cycle of trying, I know not long compared to some girls in the group but longer than I had to try with my DD.  I just try not to get too frustrated!  Let me know if you decide to try the evening primrose too. 

Quoting mj.bullion:

No problem! :] I'm thinking about taking Evening Primrose to help too, but wasn't sure. Maybe some ladies have tried it and will comment! :] Although the article says "There are a large number of women who will vouch for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO as a great agent to increase the fertile type cervical fluid." Who knows! Can never hurt to try I suppose! :]

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting mj.bullion:

ltlnutmeg
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:56 AM

I used this last cycle and did get ewcm for the first time ever so I am hoping that this will be our month.  I am in the horrid 2WW but have a long LP so the horrid 16 day wait!  Do you know how long your LP is?

RedheadMama18
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM

That's great!  I have been having ewcm and even had it with blood in it this last cycle but just don't know why my cycle was so short!  I normally have an LP of about 13-14 days.  This time it was only 10 days.  I also read the EPO can help relieve pms symptoms so we will see.  How many of the EPO caplets did you take?  I am going to try taking the recommended 3 a day but they are huge pills!  Good luck and I hope this is your month!

Quoting ltlnutmeg:

I used this last cycle and did get ewcm for the first time ever so I am hoping that this will be our month.  I am in the horrid 2WW but have a long LP so the horrid 16 day wait!  Do you know how long your LP is?

momof3inTN
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I had the same problem as ltlnutmeg, plus I had a very short LP (and average of only 7 days per cycle). I started EPO. This cycle was the first ever I had EWCM and a normal LP. I'm now 14dpo for the first time in well over a year.

I take 3 caplets a day (1000mg per capsule) of EPO from CD1 until ovulation. They are huge but I take 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner. Taking it with a meal makes it seem not so big.

* I also took soy this cycle (recommendation from my midwife - who also told me about the EPO), so I do not know if the longer LP is because of the soy or the EPO. But my midwife did say that EPO will help your body make EWCM.

Quoting RedheadMama18:

That's great!  I have been having ewcm and even had it with blood in it this last cycle but just don't know why my cycle was so short!  I normally have an LP of about 13-14 days.  This time it was only 10 days.  I also read the EPO can help relieve pms symptoms so we will see.  How many of the EPO caplets did you take?  I am going to try taking the recommended 3 a day but they are huge pills!  Good luck and I hope this is your month!

Quoting ltlnutmeg:

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
olivejuicebby
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM

::BABY DUST::

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I decided to get the EPO! DH and I went to Walmart today and I was decided when we got there I was getting it. I figured, even if it didn't help with EWCM, the help with PMSing would be nice. hahaha. :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)