Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cycle day 14 on clomid and no sign of ovulation ? ? 2nd round of clomid

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been using ovulation predictor tests and still have not gotten my positive. I'm on clomid and the first time i used it a couple months ago, i got ovulating pains on both side of ovaries the week before ovulation. I have no signs now. No pain, nothing. Does that mean i'm not going to ovulate? I'm on clomid so i thought that was a guarantee ?? :(

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NCMommy2be
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Your doctor doesn't do ultrasounds and blood tests to make sure? I would hate to go through all that and not KNOW for sure if its working. :( Hopefully tomorrow you will get a positive. Good luck!

violetgirl
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM

What cycle days did you take Clomid on?  I think you ovulate at least 5 days after your last Clomid tablet, so if you took Clomid later, you'll ovulate later.  Do you go in for ultrasounds to monitor your follicle size?  

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:43 AM

It can vary each time you use it. In April I got my positive on CD12 then my dose was upped to 100mg in May and I didn't get a + til CD16. When I took it to get preggo w/ my son I didn't get a + til CD16 or CD17 and I was on 50mg and I took it cd1-5. Now I take it cd3-7 (new and better doctor).

And as mentioned above you should ask to get your follicle sizes checked. I know for me if I don't get my +opk by a certain day then I have to go in for a trigger shot (forces ovulation) but they do a follicle check to make sure I even have any.

Lincolnsmommy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM

no i don't get checked for anything. Today is cycle day 15. I checked my mucus and it seems like it's a little stretchy so maybe it's still coming.

CFWife
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I didnt get my + OPK until CD28 with my first round and never O'd on my second round.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)