• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soy Iso - cycle #2

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

My midwife agreed with some changes for this cycle.

Here's the plan for cycle #2:

1) Evening Primrose Oil from CD1 - ovulation

2) Flax Oil from ovulation - CD1

3) prenatal vitamins daily

4) chamomile tea - up to 3 cups a day with a tiny bit of honey (stress reliever)

5) Soy Iso from CD1-CD5. My midwife agreed to try something different this cycle (yes!).

CD1 and 2 - 120mg soy

CD3 and 4 - 160mg soy

CD5 - 200mg soy

All taken at night before bed to sleep through any side effects.

June 26 - CD3. I took 120mg of soy on CD1 and 2. I just took 160mg tonight. I've not had any side effects, but then I've been sleeping through the time I would be having side effects. Ha ha ha. Here we go again!

June 30 - CD8. Sorry for the lack of updates. It has been a little crazy around here this cycle. I am also typing very slowly as I have injured my shoulder somehow and it is killing me with pain and tingles. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see what's up. I wonder if I can get out of cooking dinner tonight? LOL

Alright, so going back - I did just as the midwife suggested for taking the soy. I'm now waiting to O. I start the OPKs's on Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP this cycle!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof3inTN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Saving this spot for updates.

violetgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Good luck! :)

Can I ask why Flax Oil is taken only from ovulation and not all throughout the cycle?

momof3inTN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Quoting violetgirl:

Can I ask why Flax Oil is taken only from ovulation and not all throughout the cycle?

According to my midwife, Flax and Evening Primrose have a lot of the same properties which help to keep a woman's cycle regular. Evening Primrose is great for preparing the uterus for a fertilized egg to implant. But Evening Primrose causes uterine contractions. So it is safer to stop the evening primrose oil (little bean can't stick if the evening primrose is making the uterus contract) and switch to another supplement that does the same thing (make a nice home for baby) without causing the contractions. Basically, the point is to keep the healthy oils in the system at all times. My midwife said that fish oil could be used the same way but I cannot take fish oil, so flax oil is a substitute.

violetgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting violetgirl:

According to my midwife, Flax and Evening Primrose have a lot of the same properties which help to keep a woman's cycle regular. Evening Primrose is great for preparing the uterus for a fertilized egg to implant. But Evening Primrose causes uterine contractions. So it is safer to stop the evening primrose oil (little bean can't stick if the evening primrose is making the uterus contract) and switch to another supplement that does the same thing (make a nice home for baby) without causing the contractions. Basically, the point is to keep the healthy oils in the system at all times. My midwife said that fish oil could be used the same way but I cannot take fish oil, so flax oil is a substitute.

Thank you for the explanation.  I'm not taking Evening Primrose Oil (yet), but I do take Flax all throughout my cycle, so I was curious if that was ok.  I hope these changes that your midwife has made will be successful and you get your BFP!

momof3inTN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Quoting violetgirl:

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting violetgirl:

Thank you for the explanation.  I'm not taking Evening Primrose Oil (yet), but I do take Flax all throughout my cycle, so I was curious if that was ok.  I hope these changes that your midwife has made will be successful and you get your BFP!

My midwife said the Evening Primrose oil is great for regulating a woman's cycle, which I really needed as my cycle varied from 27-42 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)