• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 41 and This?!?!?! HELP

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

So my last cycle was 31 days.  This cycle...day 31 came and went and today was day 41.  I thought....this could be it...I might be pregnant!   But this morning I took a pregnancy test and it was negative....so Great...my cycles are back to being crazy!!!!  So just a little bit ago, I started cramping...but I NEVER cramp with my period...so then I thought I was Ovulating....and guess what I was right!!  I took 2 OPK's because I didn't believe the first one...so the second one I took was clearblue easy digital.  So I'm Ovulating and it's day 41 of my cycle...how crazy is this!  Doesn't matter anyways because my hubby is in the Army and is gone for training untill the end of July.  I hate that my cycles are all messed up and crazy again...because if they would of stayed at 31 days then I would of been Ovulating the week he gets back from training :) 

So here's my question.....since my cycles are unpredictable am I going to have to go through a million OPK's just to know when I'm ovulating?  And is there anyway to get my cycles back on track?

Thanks.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani41780
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Are u sure? that its O and not being pregnant? Sometimes OPK will show positive when ur actually pregnant

violetgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I agree, the OPKs could show positive when you're actually pregnant.  If a home pregnancy test still shows up negative, I'd take a blood test.  If the blood test is negative, then yeah, you could be ovulating - and if you are ovulating, then AF would come two weeks from now, which would then mean that this would be about a 55 day cycle.  Is that typical for you?  I'd get a blood test anyway.

As for having to go through a million OPKs ... I usually buy OPKs in bulk from Amazon.com or early-pregnancy-tests.com.  It helped testing with OPKs everyday when I had a crazy cycle myself.

Good luck!

violetgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I forgot to add.  Unless you have really regular cycles, going by cycle days alone isn't really as reliable of a way to predict when AF is due.  A more reliable way is going by when you ovulated, estimating AF to come 2 weeks after that.  Do you know if you ovulated 2 weeks ago?  Or is it possible that you ovulated later in your cycle than you did your prior cycle, which probably delayed AF?

jenniferw10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Here is a BUMP. There is something but I am not sure what exactly.

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Yep they are right.I think i'm going to go out and by and OPK instead of a HPT and see what i get.

Quoting Dani41780:

Are u sure? that its O and not being pregnant? Sometimes OPK will show positive when ur actually pregnant

MeLyE.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I took a pregnancy test that same day and it was negative. 

MeLyE.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Thanks ladies for all your comments.  It is really helping because I have no clue what's going on.  I mean if I am really ovulating like the OPK says that means I'll have a 55 day cycle this time.  My last one was 31 days and before that I was on the pill so they were always 28 days.

Mom2MonkeyGeese
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I have heard that taking Vitex (Chasteberry) will help regulate cycles......maybe do some research about it or ask your Dr?

MeLyE.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Oh I should add...as for the blood test, I'll have to wait and call my doctor on Monday when they are open.

candcsmom2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Vitex can help to regulate your body.. Best of luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)