Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want the line to get darker NOW

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I am impatient. I have 3 tests left after taking one this morning. 2 are dollar store tests and one FRER. I got a very faint line on a dollar test yesterday so I took a FRER. Got a faint line but much darker than dollar test. Woke up this morning and took another dollar test. The line is the same as yesterday. Did any of you experience this and still have a healthy pregnancy. I am so scared I am going to lose another one! Help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Well from what ive read and heard it takes HCG every 32-48 hours to double so i bet i should get darker by tomorrow and in the next few days.And if not then still don't panic not everyone gets the darkest of dark pregnancy test the whole pregnancy.Good Luck.

lind.shep
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM
I don't trust the dollar store tests at all. I took a few a couple of weeks ago and swore it was positive, but turned out to be horrible evaps. With my lat pregnancy they didn't show positive at any point in my pregnancy. So don't let those tests get you down. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandy716
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Thanks you. With my miscarriage I also got faint lines and then after awhile started getting darker lines. It was not until I had an ultrasound that we found out nothing had progressed pass a sack. I am so scared the same is true. I am seeing a midwife this time and they won't see me until I am 10-12 weeks and then no ultrasound until 20 weeks. I am scared there will be nothing and I won't know for a long time. Ugh

Quoting mrs.autry21:

Well from what ive read and heard it takes HCG every 32-48 hours to double so i bet i should get darker by tomorrow and in the next few days.And if not then still don't panic not everyone gets the darkest of dark pregnancy test the whole pregnancy.Good Luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiki7808
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

i would think if you want to see the line darker you should wait like 2 days between testing to let everything double and what not every day will just make u disappointed... so i would wait and take another on monday and see what happens.. gl

ginnaye
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

on my secon day of testing no darker but day three very clear kines for me

candcsmom2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM

It takes a few days to get darker, more HCG will come every other day.

mom2wy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I have never used a midwife but I do know that they will check for babys heartbeat. So you would know b4 that long cause if they do check the first appt they may let slide without worry but after prob the second and I am sure the third they will prob send you to get u/s if they cannot find. GL I am sure it is just worry hun!

Quoting mandy716:

Thanks you. With my miscarriage I also got faint lines and then after awhile started getting darker lines. It was not until I had an ultrasound that we found out nothing had progressed pass a sack. I am so scared the same is true. I am seeing a midwife this time and they won't see me until I am 10-12 weeks and then no ultrasound until 20 weeks. I am scared there will be nothing and I won't know for a long time. Ugh

Quoting mrs.autry21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)