Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting Question...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hey all-

I'm four weeks and have had a brownish mucous spotting for the past two days. I'm not having any abnormal cramping. I had a miscarriage last November and this is in NO way like that, but I've never had spotting or bleeding during pregnancy except for when I miscarried. When should I worry? It's taken us 1 year and a miscarriage to get here..... I'm just being a worry wart. What do you ladies think?

Thanks in advance :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2wy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Spotting as long as not red is normal but you still need to let your doctor know about it! Hope it is just the normal spotting. But I know how nerve wracking it can be! HUGS

proudmom169
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I would definitely let the dr know but i'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have had the same thing happen and it was nothing.

winnie100
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I would definitly agree....If you're unsure even if you think your being a 'worry wort' talk to your doctor.  Better to ask and know all is well.  That is what they are there for anyway.  =0)

preacherskid
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I had that at seven/eight weeks.  I called the on-call etc and my ob the next morning (it started at night of course) and they said it was normal, if cramps got wors,e it turned bright red, or there was a lot/lots of red with clots go in.  I was also told not to have sex until I saw the ob and had all the first visit stuff done.  10w5d now!

m_rob1021
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm in michigan and my hubby is in missouri so there is no sex on my agenda for the next week, and I'll call the dr on monday. It has stopped so far and it was not red and I had no cramping, so I think I'm ok. I'll call the dr on Monday. Thanks again ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angldncr
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I had that at about 5-6 weeks and the Dr. said to take it easy. He said to keep off my feet and put me on "pelvic rest" basically said do not insert anything at all. I had an u/s the next week and everything was fine. I would let your Dr know just to be on the safe side but def take it easy. GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)