• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC after the mirena

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi! I am scheduling an appointment next week to get my mirena IUD out so I can start TTC baby #2. I was wondering how long it took some of you to get pregnant after the mirena. Thanks for your help!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheJs
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I'm in the same boat. I've had mine out for about 5 weeks now. Good luck!

shannwow
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
I just got my bfp after 9 months of trying after I got mine removed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I had my Mirena for a little over 2 yrs and had it removed February 2nd.I'm on my 5th cycle(4th month) trying and stuck now being a week late for AF but i tested  a few days ago and got a BFN,but i am still very hopeful that i'll be getting my BFP soon.Wish me luck.And Good luck to you and Baby Dust.

mommyto3bees
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM

my story is sad, i got my mirena taken out july of 2009 and here it is almost july of 2010 weve been ttc for a year then and have lost one child feb 2010 :( not fun at all..

PrincessZ20
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I had mine out in Nov 2008 after almost 2 years of having it in.  My dr recommended waiting 2 cycles before trying, so we started at the end of Jan 2009.  We took the March/April cycle off to avoid having a Christmas baby and never really got back into the swing of things (I was still charting, but we weren't really doing anything special to make it happen), so imagine my surprise when I got my BFP that month!  Carter was born happy and healthy in January 2010 :)

Good luck, and lots of baby dust to you!!

aidansmommy219
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM

i got mine taken out during june of 2009 and still no luck...but ive heard of plenty of women having success within the first year. good luck.

Mikelas_Mom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I had mine taken out December 2009. Started TTC and charting Feb. 2010 and got BFP March 2010.

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Well, I had mirena in and got it removed last April. So it's been 14 months. But I also have PCOS and known fertility issues. But I have 2 friends who also had mirena and got pregnant in the first 30 days of it being removed, no joke! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)