Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lh surge...Ovulation pain....????

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

So yesterday I took 2 opks yesterday, one around 12 and one at 2:30ish. I took the second one because I didn't realized the 1st one was really dark and just happened to be my FMU. So, the second one was much lighter. Then, yesterday around 4 I started having really bad ovulation type cramps. They lasted until about 12 or so. Then, Dh and I BD and the pain was pretty much gone, I think (It was pretty rough BDing). Anyways, I took an OPK this afternoon and it was lighter than the one from yesterday. So, my question is, could I have had my LH surge and I missed it? Last month I felt the same pain and got a BFP on my OPK as soon as I felt the pain and got a negative as soon as the pain went away. But I didn't take an opk last night when I felt the pain.

**FF says that this would be my projected ovulation day but I wasn't sure how everything would work out because I was expecting my cycle to be all crazy since last month my cycle was very crazy and that was my first PP cycle.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Oh yeah and I forgot to add that my doc thinks that I may have ovarian cysts so I have an ultrasound on July 1st. Just in case someone thinks that this all could be related.

sunkisses4u
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Did you BD the day of the dark line?

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I got the dark line yesterday afternoon but took one shortly after and it was much lighter. I am assuming that was because of it being tested with FMU.

Quoting sunkisses4u:

Did you BD the day of the dark line?

sunkisses4u
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM

hmmm I am still new with the Opk.  I just got my first positive.  So don't quote me but I thought that when you show the double dark lines thats when you should be bedding and anything after that the light lines its to late....but like I said I am no expert..lol here is a bump for you:)

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Thanks!!! GL to you!!

sunkisses4u
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Thanks you to:) How long have you been trying to conceive?

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I actually just actively started with OPK's the beginning of June. This is my first post pardum cycle and I felt ovulation pains so I bought some dollar tree and just happened to catch my lh surge.

sunkisses4u
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

sweet.. Its funny I've always felt those pains but thought it was gas or something....lol It neat becoming more aware of ones body and what it does.   yes I was using the dollar tree ones as well, I decided to buy in bulk though cause I was using them so much tofigure out when my ovulation day was.  I found some cheap ones on  Amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FYLNVU/ref=oss_product 

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Yeah I was using the dollar store ones at the beginning of the month but then I ordered some from amazon as well. I think that I am going to go back to the dollar store ones next month just because i really liked using them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)