Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FMU on OPK= ???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone used FMU for an opk? Does it make the test line darker than it should?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pistachio479
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM
I have and it gives a false result...since the lh doesn't release until like 2pm or something like that...so I've heard...fmu on pg tests...afternoon on opk's... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I know that it gives you a false result. I was just wondering what kind of false result.

claudiayreyes
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM

ou are not supossed to use fmu unlike a pregnancy test .... the reason is that you will have accumulated the hormone and would be reading that instead of a surge...i think the instructions recommend mid day or early afternoon..i think! good luck!

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Okay so the false result would be that it could give you a false positive? I always take my around 2 but the other day I took it at like 12 and it was really dark.  I later realized that I had used FMU.

Briyawna
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM

When I get my ++ I normally test between 12pm-3pm..

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

When I get my + I test between 2-5pm. FMU can give a false +.

blazenangel5
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Now Im confused! I read the reasoning to NOT use FMU on an OPK is because you can surge but the hormone doesnt show up in the urine for a couple hours later. IF you use FMU you could get a neg when in all actuality in a couple hours it would show up. I dint remember where I got this info but will def be searching. I got a positive with FMU and then seen that you arent supposed to use FMU and then i researched why. Test the day before without FMU was positive too.

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Now I'm confused too!! LOL!! I have no idea. I am new to all these ttc tools. I just started checking my cm so this has all just got me puzzled.

Quoting blazenangel5:

Now Im confused! I read the reasoning to NOT use FMU on an OPK is because you can surge but the hormone doesnt show up in the urine for a couple hours later. IF you use FMU you could get a neg when in all actuality in a couple hours it would show up. I dint remember where I got this info but will def be searching. I got a positive with FMU and then seen that you arent supposed to use FMU and then i researched why. Test the day before without FMU was positive too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)