Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 weeks pregnant & had normal 5 day period??help me understand you all plz.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
  • 46 Replies

hello all.i went to the doctor yesterday & they told me I was abt 6 weeks pregnant or well I was.but I had my period a few days ago but it was late.my period for may was may 13 (always last 5 days) and I was due again on june 11 every 28-29 days but it didn't come for 7 more days june 18.i took a test june 17 and it came out negative.my period lasted it's normal 5 days also cramps wer normal like every month.i have no symptoms other than off and on loss of appetite but wanting to eat constantly.someone please help me understand.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

DId you bleed very heavily or just lightly? Have you called your doctor?

collegegal10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

it wasn't heavy or light it was a normal flow..but I am usually heavy..and this was before the doc told me I was pregnant..mind you ihad this then later found out I was preg

OwensMommy159
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me.. I have had a couple of those. You should call your doctor a.s.a.p. if you haven't already. If you had a test come out negative that would be my guess. Hope you figure things out soon

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Well someone women still have what they believe to be periods for as long as 3 months or longer. Did you bring this up to  the doctor when you were there and they told you that you were preggo? Congrats BTW.

sher71
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

you can have your period up to your 8th month but it actually isn't a period i can't remember what it's called though, any ways it is normal for some women and just on some pg's i would inform your doc about it but it shouldn't be to much of a worry just an annoyance!!!!!

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Congrats and i hope everything turns out ok.

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Exactly how did you find out you were pregnant anyway,if you don't mind me asking.

ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM
If you found out AFTER the bleeding that you were pregnant then you probably have had vaginal bleeding. Not a period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM

wait, you had your period and AFTER your period, like days after, your doc said you were 6 weeks?

did i understand that correctly?

i know some women have their periods all through pregnancy...and they arent 'weird' they are just like as if they were not pregnant...does that make sense?

or maybe you had twins and one of them aborted? idk....id call your doc and see if he/she can help you understand

collegegal10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I went to the doc yesterday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)