Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you get pregnant if you were me? **** UPDATE****

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM
  • 40 Replies

A week ago my husband and I were were TTC and i stopped my bc pills. Now he has changed his mind and he wants to wait until next year, because since my youngest son is starting school in august he wants me to get a break. I've been having this baby fever for a whole year and i have waited patiently because he has told me to. I know for a fact that if I wait until next year I won't want to have anymore . 1. because I will get used to being alone and having all this me time and I would just be busy doing other things. 2. I dont want my kids to be that far in age.. So anyway , I know if I would to get pregnant now, I know my husband would be happy even though he told me to wait cause I know he wants one more ' I Dont know if hes just scared cause it would be baby #3.? But if I did that i feel that i'm cheating. Im just confused and dont know what to do. But one thing for sure next yr i wont want to have kids and i wouldnt.Thanks for reading and im sorry its very long .

*UPDATE*

well me and hubby had a good talk and i told him i was ready to have another baby and that this was the right time to. And he got happy and agreed. Im so glad that we had this talk and i didnt do it the sneaky way ..im so excited on our journey on ttc #3!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniJones86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM
I would say talk to him about it, firstly you would be pregnant for ten months anyway so by the time you concieve and have the baby it would be about a year, hopefully, anyway. But I wouldnt 'trick' the kid in yall life trying if he wasnt completely on board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hinojoza0507
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I have talked to him many times.. and he just tells me to wait until next yr so i can rest , so i can have free time.. but than he doesnt wanna get rid of our sons crib or stroller because he wants another one but i dont want to wait that long. Last year i thought i had gotten pregnant by accident and i told him ' i think im pregnant'  so i tested and when it came out negative he got disappointed , he had brought his hopes high.

ncbirdie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Talk to him.  Tell him you don't want a break.  After my m/c, DH and I agreed to wait.  It was my idea.  If we waited then we could afford for me to stay home.  Without having to put together the money for the midwife, we have money for groceries.  Last cycle, we had an oops and had unprotected sex around time of ovulation.  If my luteal phase wasn't so short, I'd probably be pregnant again right now.  Even though I wanted to wait, I was excited about it.  AF came (6 days early) and I realized that I don't want to wait; I desperately want to get pregnant again.  He was ok with not waiting.  I don't know that I can get pregnant right now, but we're not going to try to prevent it.

hinojoza0507
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Quoting ncbirdie:

Talk to him.  Tell him you don't want a break.  After my m/c, DH and I agreed to wait.  It was my idea.  If we waited then we could afford for me to stay home.  Without having to put together the money for the midwife, we have money for groceries.  Last cycle, we had an oops and had unprotected sex around time of ovulation.  If my luteal phase wasn't so short, I'd probably be pregnant again right now.  Even though I wanted to wait, I was excited about it.  AF came (6 days early) and I realized that I don't want to wait; I desperately want to get pregnant again.  He was ok with not waiting.  I don't know that I can get pregnant right now, but we're not going to try to prevent it.

I have been talking to him for a whole year ...lol.. last time i decided to give it a try again was a couple of days ago and he told me the same thing. sigh . i think i have to get used to the idea of not having another child ever :(... he wants me to have kids when he gets the ' baby fever' .. what about me???

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I would wait til you both agree upon it.

Christine910
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Did you tell him that it's not fair that you have to wait just because he wants you to? Or that it's your life too and you want another one. Some thing does not sound right, on his part.

angeldescending
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Is it financial why he maybe wants to wait/ Men dont always say that but they think it..  I know it sucks but dont push him on it too much. You dont want him possibly resenting you. It is a big decision maybe it is him that needs a little break? I now have 3 dogs because everytime I brought up wanting a baby my dh would get me a new puppy...

hinojoza0507
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

The ONLY reason he gives me for not havin children right now is " i want you to take a break " cus i have 2 children 4 and 2 but they both going to start school in aug. But ive been wanting to have another since last yr. he tells me ' u stress a lot give urself a break' What mother doesnt stress with their kids once and than , it happens !!.. One time he told me ' i think cause i kept bugging him about it :) ok lets have another one but stop askin me , but i want it to be a surprise dont tell me right away . So i dont know if he's tellin me to wait or actually letting me surprise him or what. Men are soo confusing .

Quoting Christine910:

Did you tell him that it's not fair that you have to wait just because he wants you to? Or that it's your life too and you want another one. Some thing does not sound right, on his part.

ritzbit
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

You will get a break still even if you are pregnant through the next school year.  That's the way I look at...my youngest starts kind. in the fall too.  I was actually hoping to have another one while they are in school, to enjoy the maternity leave while they are in school, rather than summer.  But it might not end up that way. 

I hope you two are able to come to an agreement that pleases both of you!!  Wish my husband would say "you need a break" :)) 

hinojoza0507
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Quoting angeldescending:

Is it financial why he maybe wants to wait/ Men dont always say that but they think it..  I know it sucks but dont push him on it too much. You dont want him possibly resenting you. It is a big decision maybe it is him that needs a little break? I now have 3 dogs because everytime I brought up wanting a baby my dh would get me a new puppy...

no its not for financial reasons. i just wish he was more straight out with me i dont think he's reasons are good enough.. after all i mean im the that watches the kids most of the time. im a stay at home mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)