Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUPER CONFUSED.. PREGNANT OR NOT? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 14 Replies

HERES MY STORY MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP....I HAD 2 VERY VERY VERY FAINT BFP HPT'S ON JUNE 22 THEN I HAD A NEGATIVE BLOOD TEST ON JUNE 24 BUT I HAD A VERY VERY VERY VERY FAINT BFP ON AN HPT THE SAME DAY. I HAD ANOTHER BFP ON A DIGITAL ON JUNE 25 THEN ON JUNE 26 I STARTED TO SPOT BLOOD BUT NO PAIN AT ALL. I WENT TO THE ER AND THEY DID A URINE TEST WHICH CAME OUT NEGATIVE BUT THE BLOOD TESTS CAME OUT WITH A HCG LEVEL OF 5.2 WHICH THEY CONSIDERED TO BE VERY VERY EARLY PREGNANCY. NOW I AM 6 DAYS LATE BUT MY CYCLE HAS BEEN OFF SINCE I STOPPED BIRTH CONTROL 2 MONTHS AGO. COULD THE BLEEDING BE IMPLANTATION? COULD I STILL BE PREGNANT? SORRY THIS IS SO LONG =/

*UPDATE*

I ENDED UP MISCARRYING THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS </3

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I dunno. If the blood test picked it up I would say you probably are pregnant and it could have been implantation. I would ask for another blood test to check if levels are rising or lowering.

mzfiremoon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM

THEY ORDERED ANOTHER BETA TEST IN THREE DAYS BUT IF IT WAS IMPLANTATION HOW COULD THE HPT'S PICK IT UP? DON'T HCG LEVELS HAVE TO BE 25 AND ABOUT TO GET PICKED UP ON A HPT?

Moey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM

BUMP... idk but good luck to you!

luvkids329
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM
That's a good question,I think the levels hav to be maybe even a little higher to pick it up on a digital,I would keep testing daily with the dollar trees,check if that line gets pinker,those test are sensitive,and they work,good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DessC
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I would get retested Good Luck!

mzfiremoon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

THANKS EVERYONE... BUMP!

justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM

OK I am sorry to be the downer here. But if your levels where only at 5.2 that is very very veyr low. If you was POS on a test and now are not its likly you had a M/C. Pee test need alot more HCG the 5.2 to show up. My guess is your leves where higher and then came back down. I am sorry. And alot of DRs would not of called 5.2 very early they would of called it a NEG test. I would say ask for another blood test.

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:12 PM

No, they can vary. The standard is usually it needs to be 25 but I have read that FRER can pick it up as low as 4.5. Each individual test varies in sensitivity. Go to peeonastick.com they have more info. :D

Quoting mzfiremoon:

THEY ORDERED ANOTHER BETA TEST IN THREE DAYS BUT IF IT WAS IMPLANTATION HOW COULD THE HPT'S PICK IT UP? DON'T HCG LEVELS HAVE TO BE 25 AND ABOUT TO GET PICKED UP ON A HPT?

ffirsttimemommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Im sorry to say this to you, but this samething happened to me. I had positive bfp. I was a week late and couldnt take it anymore i just had to test. My lines were very very faint . I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy :( maybe you should go to the doctors and see what they say

mzfiremoon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)