Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about testing!! ( piog)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok  i have a problem, i pee on the sticks even when i am not pregnant lol lol i have such a bad addiction... i know i am crazy lol lol 

here is my story, i am ttc and, exactly one week after i ovulated, i had some spotting which i am taking as implantation bleeding, after that the other symptoms i have are headache, nausea and cramping, now that could mean AF to but i never spot before my period !

tested

9dpo  i got a BFN-

10 dpo I  got a BFN( All though i swear i see a line, but hubby thinks i am crazy )

** Here is my real question is i was just curious to see what would happen if i used a OPK and believe me i was expecting to see a single line just like the pregnancy test, but there is two lines, so my question is would it be possible that the OPK picked it up first, now i know it is no a good way to determine i am pregnant but i was wondering what you think, i have heard that it is possible.!!!

what do you all think!!!

i am trying to up load some pictures!!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alh1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

BUMP!

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I was actually wondering the same thing lately. GL! I hope that someone can answer it for both of us.

alh1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM

oh thank you ,gl to you too, if you find anything let me know!!

Sarah725
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM

your wondering if OPK picked "it" up first as in HCG... No I don't think an OPK test can register if HCG is in your urine.  OPK's work by measuring an increase in luteinizing hormone (LH).  Your LH surge only last 36 hours when your ovulating.  So if your pregnant or not your LH will not be as high as it is when your ovulating and can not detect if your pregnant or not.  SORRY

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Here is a link that I found about the opks as hpt: http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Now as for them picking up the hormone earlier than a hpt???? Hmm I am thinking that I may be about the same. That is just what I THINK so don't hold me to it. LOL

alh1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM

thank you !!

mommybug77
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Here is mine at 10DPO. I also got a positive digital & 2 positives on FRER. The dollar store finally really picked it up without me guessing at 13DPO

alh1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

thank you for sharing, congrats, !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)