• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just went to the clinic

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 22 Replies
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday about the diziness, headaches, and extremely itchy face. The ladies at church wanted me to go to the clinic but I felt silly since I had a feeling it was all preg related. (Got my BFP on Friday). Well all the tests have been really light and I started cramping on my right side today so I though what the heck I will go.
Doc says he thinks I have vertigo or miniers disease, but will need to see an ENT to be sure. I have had vertigo before and this is similar with the exception of the itchy face. He said I am 3 weeks 4 days based on last period and when he pushes on my right side it was painful. He said first step would be blood test. Which I had done today. It was the number kind just yes or no kind. He said if it is positive then he wants me to get in this week to have an ultrasound and make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. He is slightly concerned about a tubal.
I didn't pee at all from the time we left for church until I went after 1 just in case they had me pee in a cup, well they didn't. So when I got home I took my last FRER and it is beautiful. No guessing or anything. Of course he called back 15 minutes later to tell me congrats and test was positive. So I guess I will be having my first ultrasound this week. But they won't be able to see anything will they? At 4 weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnyflower417
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM

No not ususally. They may see a gestational sac, but no baby. Congrats!

Lovebugbaby

Congrats on the confirmation! idk if they'll see anything or not. When I went in for my first and only u/s I was 5w6d and they saw something. But that early on, a week and a few days really makes a difference.

Good luck though! Hoping for HH9!!

pregowithfifth

They willbe able to tell if the gestational sac is where it should be and that is about all you will see I did not see the yolk sac till 5 wks

Sarah725
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I think he's just looking to see if there's a gestational sac, then he would no if it's a tubal pregnancy or not I think.

mom3bc
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM

With my 3 kids never saw anything till 6weeks

GL Congrats 

curta4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Here's a pic of mine last Thursday and he said I was 5 weeks and 5 days and through an external ultrasound all you could see was the sack but thorugh the vaginal ultrasound is how he got this pic....very small in the upper left corner between the plus signs.  So you may not see yours yet at only 4 weeks...ask for a vag ultrasound for sure.  I was able to see the heart flutter on the screen!  Good luck and congrats!!

justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I think he is looking for the sace. Sounds like he wants to rule of a tubal.

mandy716
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Thanks ladies. The weird thing is I have been so terrified of losing this little bean until today. I just feel a sense of peace now that everything will be ok. Maybe it is me trying to convince myself it will be but maybe not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Congrats on your confirmation!

alh1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Just wanted to say congrats, and you are giving me so much hope i am testing again tomorrow b/c i can't wait i too will be 11 dpo and i hope i get my BFP !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)