Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cycle tracking websites?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

What websites do you use? 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsK34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM

You can use Fertility Friend...it also can be used for more in depth tracking, but I use it for plain old cycle tracking and to make notes to myself about things I notice in my body.

sparkles1986315
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Thanks! :)

LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Fertility Friend is the one I prefer, too.  But there are lots of others.  It depends on if you're looking to chart or just track your cycles in general.

JessWulf84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I use fertility friend

Dani41780
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Mymonthlycycles.com

I liked more then fertility friends, but I don't chart my temps

conniesue88
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I use fertility friend. i also have the app on my iphone to help.

jenniferw10
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Fertility friend is great. Very helpful.

sunkisses4u
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM

http://www.yourdays.com/  Mymonthlycycles.com

I like these to the best.

ncbirdie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I actually just bought the TCOYF charting program.  I transferred all my chart information into it.  Since I learned how to chart from the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, I find the methods that the program uses to fit MY interpretation of my chart.  For example it will discard your temp if it's taken at a significantly different time than your normal time whereas Fertility Friend encourages you to keep ALL temps regardless of time. 

You can also set TCOYF to interpret your chart based on both temp and symptoms or based on just one; not an option with Fertility Friend.  That option came in handy the one cycle where I lost my thermometer for more than a week through the time I ovulated.  Based on my other signs, I figured the day I most likely ovulated.  It was confirmed when I got my period 13 days later (my luteal phase).  Entering my information into TCOYF, it agreed with me on my O date.

I also like the fact that you don't have to be connected to the internet to enter your data.  You're able to see it in both chart and calander format.  Unlike Fertility Friend, any extra information you enter (such as cramps, headaches, nausea, or any activities you've done) show up on your chart.  With Fertility Friend, you have to pay a continual membership fee.  TCOYF offers you a 15 day free trial and if you choose to buy it the cost is $39.99 and its yours for life.  Fertility Friend membership is normally $10/month (right now they're running a special at $45/year).

There are other features that I prefer about TCOYF.  Their Fertility Advisor which looks at where you are in your cycle, analyzes your signs, and gives you a fertility analysis, suggests which signs to be recording, and what is going on in your body.  It also has the Fertility Planner which looks at each time you have intercourse throughout your cycle and tells you what your chances of getting pregnant are from those times (good for if you're using FAM for pregnancy achievment or birth control).  It also will look for implantation dip, triphasic pattern, and how long your luteal phase is and tell you if it thinks you may be pregnant and what your due date would be getting pregnant that cycle.  You can choose to have it predict future cycles based on your history.  You can even go so far as to say "Well, I'd like to have a baby around my birthday" and have this program tell you when you need to conceive, when you're most likely to be fertile to get you close to that date (based on previous cycle history), what the date range is that you could expect the baby to born in if successful, and what the due date would be.  And you make that show up on your calander. 

The one other feature I love about it is that I can optionally mark whether I used birth control or not.  Since I don't use charting for the sole purpose of conception, I feel this program is the best choice for me.  Since I started, I have never once had to take a pregnancy test because my period was *late*.  The only time my period has surprised me have been the past two cycles after my miscarriage; they came early because my body is out of whack after my miscarriage.  It has also been a wonderful choice of birth control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)