Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i was ectopic, some questions

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

i got my bfp on june 8th, had some blood work and my levels werent doubling, then fell, then went back up. i got a second opinion from a very well known ob and he rushed me to the er for the metho-something shot on friday. i had a tubal pregnancy, i was 6 weeks. i started bleeding yesterday and have to go back 2 more times for hcg level testing to make sure its falling appropriately. so...my questions are, when will i be back to normal? should i try again or will i have another tubal? how long should i wait before ttc? my husband is more disappointed than me i think because i dont think im ready to try again and he just kept asking the dr's when we could :(

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minimomma3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:19 PM
im so sorry. i really dont know but gl to u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I am sorry. I had one in Nov. Back to normal you mean your HCG levels, or how you feel?

HCG is up to how high it was in the first place. You can tru again after your next AF. They say it is not likly to happen again however its not likly to happen in the first place. So now that you had one it ups the risk of doing it again but its still under a 10% change of it.

JessWulf84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Most women get a period in 4-6 weeks.  Some take longer than that however.  I'm not sure on the odds of having another tubal, hopefully some other women can give you an idea on that one.  You should start trying again when you feel emotionally ready.  Many doctors will recommend that you wait until you get your period back or to wait 3 months.

Dani41780
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I'm sorry for your lost :(

mandy716
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I have no answers to your questions but can I ask you or the others that have had a tubal if there were any symptoms. Did you have cramping just on one side or anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferw10
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I am sorry for your loss. Here is a Bump. I hope someone can help give you answers.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM

i had an ectopic pregnancy 5 yrs ago. i was told to wait 6 whole months before ttc again. but i didn't know i was pregnant and 1 of my fallopian tubes burst and i had to have emergency surgery. so i don't know if that is why i was told to wait so long. but thats what i was told. i waited. they told me i was still able to get pregnant. that my chance of having another ectopic was at 10% now.  but here we are 5 yrs later and i still haven't been able to get pregnant again. so i dunno. good luck tho.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM

i didn't have any symptoms at all. i didn't even know i was pregnant. i had just had my period. i all of a sudden had really bad pain when my fallopian tube burst. 

Quoting mandy716:

I am sorry for your loss. I have no answers to your questions but can I ask you or the others that have had a tubal if there were any symptoms. Did you have cramping just on one side or anything?

justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Hear is my story. I found out I was PG, then a week lattler started to bleed { I have had 6 MC before} so just thinking it was a MC I did not go to the DR. After bleed for 2 weeks and becoming more and more sore on my right side and getting another POS test I called my DR. Went in to the ER the next day where they found what they called a 2.4cm mass in my right tube. There was no heart beat, looked to be a 5 1/2 week baby { I would of been 8 weeks if things where normal}. 

so I had bleeding that came and whent for 2 weeks, sometimes heavy sometimes not and ALOT of pain on my right side. When they pushed on my tummy I could of killed someone it hurt so bad. They gave Medatrc and pain meds.

I will say a tubal dont make the loss any better for me it was worrse. Becuase I know the same drug to treat it is the same drug they use to end a nroaml PG. Also even knowing the baby was gone and had no heart bet I still felt like I was killing my baby. For me that was the hardest part of the whole thing.

justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM

and my story is not normal. I was very very lucky most time when a women starts to bleed it means the tube has brust. GOD had his hand on me the whole time. From what I have been told most women have pain way before bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)