• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC discouragement

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been having the issue of hormone imbalances or cysts.  They symptoms for me are the same as pregnancy so We think i am pregnant because I am getting so sick but it keeps turning out that I am not!  We've been seriously trying for 6 months now and it's starting to get frustrating.  My husband is ready to give up or start trying hormone therapy.  Any advice? 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RedheadMama18
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I don't know but here's a bump!  Good luck!

HisSweetheart81
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM
That's sad.... I'm sorry. :( i would keep trying and atleast give the hormone therapy a try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Are you already charting, using opk's, etc to better your odds?  Sorry to hear your having such a hard time.  I certainly understand your frustration!!

calcmonkey
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Yes.  We know exactly when I ovulate from that.  Unfortunately, when my period is suppose to arrive varies each month by a few days!  Definately not as regular as when I was on bc! I have my annual in September.  I think if we aren't pregnant by then I'll have to discuss the hormone therapy with my ob/gyn.  Thanks everyone!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Hey,

That is tricky.  Since you have a known issue, most doctors will go ahead and start helping your TTC by getting your hormones in check and hopefully stopping those cysts from becoming trouble.  I would honestly talk to your OBGYN about it, and they can hopefully get you back on the road :).

I had cysts a long time ago, but they have been much better after my son was born.

LilyBeansMom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Quoting calcmonkey:

Yes.  We know exactly when I ovulate from that.  Unfortunately, when my period is suppose to arrive varies each month by a few days!  Definately not as regular as when I was on bc! I have my annual in September.  I think if we aren't pregnant by then I'll have to discuss the hormone therapy with my ob/gyn.  Thanks everyone!

Mine varies every month, too.  So does my O day.  It IS frustrating to never be sure if you're due or late.  :(  I hope by the time you see that OB in September it's to check on your baby!!  Good luck.

~  Lisa  ~

calcmonkey
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

That is tricky.  Since you have a known issue, most doctors will go ahead and start helping your TTC by getting your hormones in check and hopefully stopping those cysts from becoming trouble.  I would honestly talk to your OBGYN about it, and they can hopefully get you back on the road :).

I had cysts a long time ago, but they have been much better after my son was born.

We dealt with the cysts for a long time with birth control and in January we went off of it because I had switched bc 4 times last year and none were working.  It seemed like the cysts were getting worse.  I haven't knowingly had one since I went off the pill.  (I haven't had the extremely excrusiating pain that comes with a cyst popping, thus knocking me on my butt).  I got the all clear from the doctor a month after that saying no cysts or signs of cysts.  Twins run on both sides of the family so my ob wanted to give us a shot to naturally conceive before hormones because she thinks it's likely to produce twins for us (I am okay with that! lol)

I just got a basal theremometer (my reg thermometer died) and am starting to track that as well as the OPT.  Hopefully that helps!  I am also forcing my husband to eat healthier and lose weight.  We are both not at our ideal weight and I know that can be an issue as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)