Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to concieve with pcos II

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

first of all thank you all for your posts about trying to concieve with pcos. I have been thinking and just wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with the meds that doctors prescribe? I am currently on Metformin, taking prometrium to start my period and fixing to start the clomid. I just don't want to get my hopes up thinking were are going to have another one. Please help ladies!!!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommaof2kidd251
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:38 AM

i am in the same boat...haven't been on any of the meds as too i get my period and havent had any problem with ovulating...but i am having trouble coneiving...we have been at it about 4 months now and nothing...i have found some site that show some natural vitamins that help with conception with ladies with PCOS. if you would like to know them let me know and i will give them to you. ive heard positive things about clomid and metformin....i wish you luck and lots of baby dust...

keithamy06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:40 AM

i got pregnant on my 2nd cycle of clomid with my daughter  right now im trying fertility blend from gnc to get pregnant 

Mommyof3yippey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:29 AM

well I am the member here who often goes crazy with all the natural stuff...I have conceived 3 little girls while using natural things..I have PCOS and one ovary....

I suggest

Castor oil packs

vitex

royal jelly

dong quai

those are all natural things you can research! they work wonderfully!

MrsMilliken
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I just started my medicated journey with pcos. I did not respond to the first round of Clomid, am currently on Provera to bring on AF and start again with a higher dosage of Clomid. If you respond to it, the success rate is good. GL to you!

lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM

i am on metformin and clomid, have been for almost 3 months now... the doctor (and myself) are very positive that this will work for me. it takes some time finding the right dose for you. we started at 50, now im up to 200mg clomid. this dose seems to be working for me-now that we have metformin. If you find clomid isnt working for you, pcos patients have had luck with femara/letrozole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)