Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont know what to do?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM
  • 12 Replies
I want a other baby but my daughters dad jumped off the boat. So there goes having other baby. I have a friend that is pregnant and dont want it and she asked if i would take it . I am a single mother of one should i take other one on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuppyCake333
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM

wow i mean thats up to you but i am sure there is a ton of legal matters to that not counting emotinal things when the child gets older

Mommyof3yippey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Her giving it up is a very hard thing for a mother to do....it's up to you..I would LOVE to adopt someday!

momil
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:39 AM
I dont want to hurt the baby when it gets older. She is only 2o and scared she cant do it as a single mother of two. I have my ducks more in a line then her. Can the dad come back and try to get it if she signs the paper over when he has 3 kids already and he doesn't pay for them. My friend dont even want to talk about it. She wants it out and not c it so how can i b support when she wants it done with and over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaof2kidd251
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:42 AM

if it was me i probably would...if i could adopt every kid i would...as im sure everyone else would too...i think the dad can come back and say hey thats my kid...im pretty sure he has to sign away his rights...not 100 percent sure tho...what do you wanna do?? can she get him to sign his rights away???

momil
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM
Its a big mess she got pregnant by him not meaning to he found out left her and started dating her sister the dad dont talk to my friend wont answer his phone or nothing. She wants to forget she is pregnant she dont want to get close to the baby she wants me in their when she has it and they take it away when it comes out. I dk what to do cuz i love her but i feel bad cuz i want to support her. I like to talk about the baby cuz it mayb be mine soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaof2kidd251
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:05 AM

i think he has to be involved...has to agree or sign his rights away.. and i would just get papers from the adoption agency and get her to have them signed....or have someone serve them to them or see how yall can go about that...but i would definitly talk to an adoption agency. or who ever you have do the papers...

mommaof2kidd251
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:07 AM

sounds like you would like to do it.  it is hard tho bc if your friends then she will always be around and know and if you decided to wait it came come back on you if she decides to tell...it is hard but i would talk to her about all this and how she would feel if....and give her an example....keep us posted about your decision and all...

Quoting momil:

Its a big mess she got pregnant by him not meaning to he found out left her and started dating her sister the dad dont talk to my friend wont answer his phone or nothing. She wants to forget she is pregnant she dont want to get close to the baby she wants me in their when she has it and they take it away when it comes out. I dk what to do cuz i love her but i feel bad cuz i want to support her. I like to talk about the baby cuz it mayb be mine soon

Mommyof3yippey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:22 AM

I would contact an attorney and ask, most of them will do a free phone consultation

My Aunt adpoted her step grand daughter...her step daughter ( the biological mom) signed her over...the dad had nothing to do with it..he's a dead beat..so I think after awhile  they lose their rights.

I am sure it's different in other states.

It never hurts to ask.

mommaof2kidd251
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM

yea i googled and it said that if they do come back they have to fight....that is if they are on the birth certificate....i wish you luck...

LeeLei
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM

i think you should talk to your DH first.  if he is saying he isnt ready whether its adoption or naturally conceived its still a little bundle of joy.  It wonderful to want to adopt and be able to help someone, but you need to make sure all is well on the homefront before you venture into an adoption.  Best wishes to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)