Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do???? Im so confused!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have taken 4 rounds of clomid straight in a row.  3 months of 50mg and then the last month was 100mg.  I did get pregnant,but there was no baby. Im thinking it was a blighted ovum.  The dr said it was an early miscarriage, but ill ask him this week at my apt. 

Now I do ovulate on my own, I had started working out this past month, and me and husband did the sperm meets the egg plan, like we should have from the beggining.  I work at a school and my husband works at a prison, so when i get off, hes going to work, and when he gets off, i go to work, so we couldnt do they sperm meets the egg plan, but since i was off for the summer, we tried and it and wa-la. So im not sure if it was the 100 mg of clomid, the working out, or me and hubby bding when we were supposed too, or all the above. 

What would you do, to ttc again?  Would you try it all again, the same way?  Ive thought about not taking clomid and seeing, but DH wants to do it all the same way again, when i stop bleeding.  He dosent even want to wait a month because we did that last time, and we didnt get pregnant for 2 years.  I dont mind not waiting, but would you do clomid again and everything else???  We actually wasnt going to do clomid, to give my body a break, but then we got pregnant.....i dont know....i just want a healthy baby so bad!!

*Posted this on another group too!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LeeLei
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Maybe you can try some of the natural methods for a few months?  There was a post on here that gave a ton of different natural remedies that worked for her after she got off clomid.

racheypoo03
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM

hmm...im going to look into that

Quoting LeeLei:

Maybe you can try some of the natural methods for a few months?  There was a post on here that gave a ton of different natural remedies that worked for her after she got off clomid.

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM

That's a tough call! I'd wait to see if your doc gives you the OK to start TTC again.   Ask the doc what he/she suggests as far as the clomid. I'm not familiar with clomid but can't you only take that a certain number of times? Good luck! Mega baby dust to you!!

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Where's this at? I'd love to see it!

Quoting LeeLei:

Mommy to an amazing lil boy!

Ctink8189
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM

That is tough.. if it were me personally, I would probably take a break from the clomid for a couple cycles just to give your body a break. If you have no luck, then you could always start it back up again. Just a thought. Best of luck to you two =) It sounds like you have a really supportive hubby. 

azpreemiemom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I don't know your history, but if I got pregnant once that way, I would do the same exact thing the following mo.nth

racheypoo03
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Im going to ask the Dr Wednesday.  I took 4 rounds and he only wanted me to do 6, so technically i do have 2 more rounds, lol.  I just know your most fertile after miscarriage and have seen many women go on to have a healthy pregnancy right after a loss.  I just dont want it to be another 2 years of trying again.  But im going to make sure Wednesday what he would recommend.   thanks ladies!!

LeeLei
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:33 AM
The post reads something like "get pregnant naturally! Here it is ladies!" in this forum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)