Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well i ovulated really late

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

can you still get pregnant if you ovulate really late in your cycle? i took clomid this month and it didnt work to well but atleast i ovulated. my nipples have been sore for the past 2 days i wonder if we actually did it b/c hubby has decided we need to quit trying he is calling it quits ;-( he thinks we have enough on our plate right now. our 3 year old is out of control we cant even take him out into public for an hour without problems but its like by the time we get pregnant and have the baby he will be well over 4.5 years old and our other son would be almost 7 if we were to get pregnant within the next couple of months. i think we would be just fine to have another one. grrrr i am just so heart broken. i was even going to be taking 100 mg of clomid this next coming cycle ;-( sorry i am just sad but i am hoping i get a BFP soon

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
theresak1025
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM

oh and i got my positive opk on cd 21 and negatives after that so does that mean i ovulated on cd 21 or cd 23 b/c of my temps

ncbirdie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM

It's really hard to tell because you didn't log any kind of CM unless it was fertile quality.  It really looks like you O'd where it says you O'd.  You have fertile quality CM followed by a temp rise.

It's possible you got pregnant if you were experiencing any kind of potentially fertile fluid on CD21.  Without that fertile fluid, sperm can't survive more than a few hours.  It's not when you ovulate that dictates if you get pregnant, but when you have sex in relation to when you ovulate.

theresak1025
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

i had a little bit of slimmy cm on cd 21 and 22 but on cd 23 it was just falling out of me like crazy

ncbirdie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Quoting theresak1025:

i had a little bit of slimmy cm on cd 21 and 22 but on cd 23 it was just falling out of me like crazy

Sounds potentially fertile.  Slimey is good.  I'd say you've got a good chance of getting pregnant this cycle.  If you reach 18DPO, consider yourself pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)