Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crap! and yay! and now what!?!?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

so I took at OPK am expecting to O the 14 or 16th i took it and watched it for a sec cuz i thought it was neg. then went and bd'd. I'm doing shettles so i have to BD 2 or 3 days before O to get increase getting a girl. then went back in to the bathroom and the opk had a line! I would have totally missed it had I not noticed. so i bd'd friday and today and i hope that was enough time. After the OPK shows up + don't you have like up to 40 hours when you could O for sure? not to mention  the line is faint i tried another opk just to make sure and they are both faint. so now what? just wait? my ovaries feel really swollen today and im on day 12 of my cycle. 28 day cycle. this seems alittle early. im really not sure what the heck to think!?? oh and my CM was really thick and cloudy? the temp thing is not working out either im having issues! lol

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM

i think it shows up 12-36 hours before O. if you got a pos OPK, i say go with it. good luck!

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM

for the opk to be + the test line has to be as dark or darker then the control line and then you ovulate between 24-36 hours after your last positve test, you have to keep testing even after you get a + until it goes back to being -

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Quoting kiddo0820:

for the opk to be + the test line has to be as dark or darker then the control line and then you ovulate between 24-36 hours after your last positve test, you have to keep testing even after you get a + until it goes back to being -

ok this is good to know, thanks

lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM
hmm... anything ive read, you go based on your first positive OPK, not the last
strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Quoting lilianasmom1116:

hmm... anything ive read, you go based on your first positive OPK, not the last

i just read on the webiste that makes the opk's it says that we can have a low level of lh in our system through our whole cycle. so i will keep testing

jily_beans
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I really don't believe the whole thing about gender picking. I know for a fact that we got pregnant with our daughter the day I ovulated. Which according to what I've read, she should have been a boy. Just keep doing it. You'll get a baby, which is what really counts, right. The girl part is a bonus :)

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Quoting jily_beans:

I really don't believe the whole thing about gender picking. I know for a fact that we got pregnant with our daughter the day I ovulated. Which according to what I've read, she should have been a boy. Just keep doing it. You'll get a baby, which is what really counts, right. The girl part is a bonus :)

well it's called gender swaying, and only about 80% sucessful. it has a lot to do with body acidity level etc as well. I figure if I try for a girl and get a boy, God probably wanted me to have another boy for whatever reason and I will deal with it :) I may have to paint my office pink just for my sake though so that I can have a little girl space haha me in a house of 4 boys and a boy rabbit might be a little much haha

candicefield
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Just like the other lady said the line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line to be considered positive. I would a get a faint line my whole cycle and then 48-72 hours before I ovulate I get a really dark one. Keep testing until you get a positive!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)